Mixed

Beep! Beep Beeep!          

Am I the only one who hates alarms? I mean seriously. I get that I have to wake up in the morning but their so obnoxious. I slam my fist onto my alarm clock. Rubbing my eyes I make my way to the bathroom where I brush my teeth and wash my face. I then make my way to my closet. I pull a black v-neck from a hanger along with a light pair of skinny denims. I pair it with my black and white airmax and change my jewelry and piercings to match. My tongue ring, septum ring, and tongue ring are all black. I put diamond studs in my ears and nostril piercing and a small black hoop in my second lobe piercing. walking over to my vanity I spritz myself with my sweet on paris body mist. Using the same fragrance perfume I apply the smell to the back of my neck, collarbone and behind my ears. I throw the lotion into my backpack along with two 3 subject notebooks and a few pencils and pens.

“TJ! Move it!” My dad yells. After throwing my hair into a messy top bun I grab my iphone and head down the stairs, only to go back up to grab my mint eos and wallet. Throwing my things into my backpack I head back down the stairs.

“What time is it?” I ask in a rush.

“It’s 6:15.” I drop my things and put a hand on my hip.

“Seriously Gabriel?” I question my father.

“Watch your tone. I wanted to eat breakfast with you. I won’t be here when you get home.” He says.

“Why not?” I question pouting.

“I have to work late tonight baby girl.” He says pulling me into a hug.

“Fine.” I sigh. “What’d you cook?” I say.

“Waffle sundaes.” He says. I smile and kiss him.

“Thanks Dad.” I say.

“No problem sweetie.”

There’s a plate full of waffles on the island along with our toppings. We each grab saucers and began to make our Sundaes. dad drizzles chocolate syrup on his 5 waffle tower, adds strawberries, and puts whipped cream on top. I get three waffles and add whipped cream and fresh strawberries on the first. I layer this adding bananas to the second layer, and blueberries and chocolate syrup at the top. I take a picture of our sundaes putting them on Instagram. I know it’s so last year, But I love picumenting (picture documenting) things I love. I love food. You see how this works out? Anyway I eat my sunday and me and my dad chat. We have four waffles left so I recreate two mini versions of my dad’s sundae for my two best friends.

“Are you excited for your first day as a sophomore?” My dad asks.

“High school is high school dad. I’m excited to have something to do everyday again though.”

“I like your spunk kid.” He says teasingly. “Speaking of, are you interested in a job downtown?”

“Dad I think it’s cool that you have your own business and all but, being a secretary for William doesn’t suit my fancy.” I say.

“No kidding, it doesn’t suit his secretary’s fancy either.” He says more to himself. “No the old record shop is hiring.”

“Really?” I exclaim.

“Yeah and before you say no your old man kind of already pulled the strings to get you the job.”
“Is there something you need to tell me?” I question he’s being awfully nice.
“No, you’ve been wanting a job for a while now. I saw the opportunity. You like music. It’s a record shop. You see how this works?” He says. I smile internally. We are so much alike.