20: You're her BROTHER??

Chapter 20: You're her Brother?!

It's funny how time flies when you've got your head and hands full of stuff. For the past month, I did nothing but immerse myself in Islam and work. I learnt all the basic stuff; the stuff I need to know. I memorized a few short verses of the Quran, learnt how to pray and how to make Wudu', and some basic dua'as.

I'm still working on it. Switching religions wasn't easy but I never expected it to be.

And Sarah? What about her? Well, I'm still as "into" her as ever. I'm guessing you already noticed that I try my best to refrain from using the L-Word. It's just too dangerous.

Back to our topic, Sam said that I know enough now and that I can maybe try to start getting to know Sarah's family better now. But I'm still scared, what if this was all for her, I keep thinking. When I asked the Imam about it, he said it was just the shaytan trying to get between me and my religion. I very much hope that's the case.

**************

"Hey bro!!" Sam yelled, bursting my eardrums and the phone's speaker in the process, "Zayn and Waheed are joining me later for dinner, how about you tag along? You know, boys night and all..."

Why does that first name sound terribly familiar?

"You already know Zayn.." Sam chuckles, "You know, he's the dude you almost killed? Tripping over heads sounds familiar?"

Oh no. Now I know why it sounds so familiar.

"No way man.." I groan at the memory, "He must hate me."

"He doesn't. Just come. I swear it'll be fun insha'Allah!"

"I mean, I'll try but I don't promise anything.."

"No, you HAVE to Adam, come on!"

I can't really say no, can I?

"Okay. " I sigh, "I'll come insha'Allah."

"Yes! Thank you!" he cheers, "Don't bail on me. They're both Lebanese. I don't want them to end up speaking Arabic and leaving me out of everything!" Sam jokes before hanging up.

Wait... Zayn's Lebanese?!

****************

"No way man!" Waheed cackles upon hearing how Zayn and I met, "That's just... Wow..."

He tries to catch his breath in between his laughing fit. 

"I mean.. yeah.. let's just not talk about it.." I stare at the table and rub my neck embarrassingly.

"Oh no Adoomy, just no," Zayn says, "Ima remind you of it for the rest of our lives."

Again, I find myself trying to remember where I saw Zayn before. He looks too familiar, I must've seen him somewhere before. I just can't seem to remember where and when.

"Yeah dude!" Waheed adds, "You Should get Sarah to marry him, interesting story to tell the kids!!Your sister would totally say yes...!"

And then it all clicks. A Lebanese person who looks terribly familiar and has a sister named Sarah.

Oh no.