Roc Royal Imagine: Fairytale For The Streets

Bright lights flickered and flashed over your head as you walked through the crowded dance floor trying to seem invisible. Not far behind Chris followed you, watching your every move. You uncomfortably grabbed your lucky, silver bracelet and began twirling it, running your fingers over the area where your name was engraved.  On stage there were two men in a rap battle, tearing it up as they insulted each other’s mothers, girlfriends, and gear. You watched from a few feet away, bopping your head to the beat as the two men continued rapping until the club owner, Andy announced the winner.

Andy: “Damn seems like this is gonna be a tough one, both y’all was on fire! Alright on  the right we have Nadji… what’d y’all think of his free styling?”

Crowd: *Cheers*

Andy: “Alright, alright over on the left we got De’ Angelo, what’d y’all think of him?”

Crowd including you: *Cheers loudly*

Andy: *Laughs* “Alright well than I guess the winner is De’ Angelo!!!”

The crowd loudly began cheering as Nadji made his way off the stage, nodding his head in De’ Angelo’s direction to show respect. You watched excitedly as you waited on the next rap battle to begin.

Andy: “Alright so next we got a small time rapper from South Central, crowd make some noise for ROC ROYAL!”

Crowd: *Looks around in confusion but cheers*

A boy around your age came out from backstage wearing baggy jeans, a snapback and a baggy black t-shirt. He had caramel skin, short curly hair, and plump lips. The boy scanned the crowd looking at you for a second before grabbing the mic nervously.

Andy: “Roc you will be versing De’ Angelo, good luck and no rules.” *Backs up and starts music*

The moment the music started, De’ Angelo started going in; making jokes about Roc’s gear, hairline, mom and lack of money. The crowd went crazy, cheering, laughing, and throwing hands in the air. Roc then grabbed the mic, took a deep breath and then began. His words flowed out like a river, cutting like daggers as he dissed De’ Angelo’s mom, dad, girl, gear and body. Everyone in the crowd died laughing and clapping as he finally finished up.

De’ Angelo: *Looks at crowd in embarrassment* “Man fuck you!” *Tries to charge at Roc*

Andy: *Runs in and gets in the middle* “That shit ain’t gonna happen in my club! The way we settle this is by the audience!” *Gives them both a dirty look* “Alright for De’ Angelo.”

Crowd: *Screams and cheers*

De’ Angelo: *Smiles and glares at Roc*

Andy: “Alright, what about Roc?”

The crowd including yourself went wild chanting his name and screaming. It was official that he won. Andy said nothing more and just looked at De’ Angelo blankly.