chapter 18

A/N: The part that are in italics are past events. 

I ended up splitting this update into two chapters because it's too long already. 

☨ ☩☣ ☘ † ❂ ⚕ ᴈᴑᴎ ☠ ☢ ⚔ ⚓♰☯☭

KELLY's POV

I kept on tossing and turning on my bed because I couldn't sleep at all. My mind was full of Stephen especially about what happened between me and him this morning. I still couldn't believe of what happened. Stephen just confessed to me and I was beyond shocked. I really thought that he already moved on from our past long time ago considering what he had done to me but now, he was telling me that he liked me.

I stared at the ceiling and then heaved a sigh. It's already 1:30 am but my mind was still active and far from being sleepy.

Whenever I close my eyes, Stephen's face was all I could see. I touched my lips with my forefinger.

I bit my lower lip. Gosh! I still felt like his lips were on my lips, kissing me passionately...

I groaned inwardly. I've never expected this turn of events and now, I got even more confused.

"Why are you doing this to me, Stephen?" I asked as if he was in front of me. I chuckled bitterly. My mind drifted to the past; to the time when I first met him...

I groaned with irritation when I read Blake's message. She said in her text that she couldn't come because her mom would work overtime today. Because of that, she has to cook and do the laundry.

I heaved a sigh. Today's Saturday and Blake and I decided to go out and have a girl bonding time but now, she couldn't come all of a sudden. I released a harsh breath and then decided to call her.

"Hello" Blake said upon answering my call.

"Why didn't you tell me right away that you couldn't come?" I couldn't help but to sound irritated. I heard her sigh.

"I'm sorry, Kells. Mom already agreed for me to go out today but she just called me just now and told me that she couldn't come home on time because her boss asked her to work over-time. One of the evening shifts couldn't go to work because she's sick and needed someone to work on this person's place"

"So what? You can still come. Your house won't go anywhere if you leave" she chuckled.

"I know but I need to do the laundry right now and cook for our dinner. She'll be home around 9 tonight and I don't want her to do these stuff when she gets home because she's tired for sure. I'm sorry, Kells. I'll make it up to you next time" her voice sounded sweet while saying the last sentence.

My irritation disappeared right away. Of course, I wasn't really mad at her. I knew that she really intended to come but things didn't go her way.

I understand her situation because she only have her mom. Her father died last year. Now, her mother has to work two jobs in order to make ends meet.

Thankfully, Blake is such an understanding and responsible daughter. Even though she's still young, she knows how to help her mother in the littlest things she could.

"Fine. Just make sure to make it up to me, okay?"

"I promise. See you on Monday" I smiled.

"Okay. See you on Monday" I ended the call and then put my phone back in my pocket. I heaved a sigh again as I looked around me.

I already told my driver to go home and leave me there. I looked at my watch. It was still 3 pm. It's still early for me to go home so I decided to stroll around until I ended up at the mall.