Chapter I: The Loner

She let out a heavy sighed just looking at the big building in front of her. It’s her first day at her new school. She’s just standing there and can’t walk. It’s like her shoes is glued on the ground. She doesn’t want to go either.

She hates her new uniform, school service and the school itself.

Bakit kasi kailangan pa nilang lumipat ng bahay dahilan para lumipat rin siya ng iskwelahan? She gained so many friends on that previous school of hers, kaya naging masaya ang high school life niya. And now, she left them. She cried so much that she pleaded to her parents na mag stay siya doon. But it’s a big NO that she received. 

She highly hopes that she will gain friends in this new school. But how can she do that? She knows that being a transferee sucks. She had read a lot of fiction books about a transferee student being bullied or treated differently by his/her new classmates.

She never wanted to be a loner. She’s very dependent and can’t stand the fact that no one will sit next to her at the class or at lunch.  

She just erased that thought in her mind.

She’s lost. She can’t find her classroom. She’s blaming the school for being that big. She has no choice but to ask. Finally, after asking one guard and a janitor, she saw her classroom.

Napangiti siya ng buksan niya ang pintuan ng classroom nila at makita ang isang napaka-ingay at magulong klase. Naalala niya yung dati niyang mga kaklase at mga kaibigan na ganun din.

Her smile fades away when all of her new classmates looked at her. Some with a questioning look, some with a one brow raised look and the others are just staring blankly.

She nervously walked in the class and looked for a vacant seat.

“Sino siya?”

“Baguhan?”

“Transferee siguro.”

Ilan lang yoon sa mga naririnig niyang mga bulung-bulungan ng mga kaklase niya.

Nakahanap siya ng isang akala niya’y bakanteng upuan. Ilalagay na sana niya ang kanyang backpack sa upuan na yoon nang pigilan siya ng isang mataray na babae.

“Hey! Don’t you ever sit next to me… and that seat is already taken.”

“Ay ganun ba. Sorry. Wala kasing nakalagay na bag so I assumed that no one’s in there.” She apologetically said.

“Gosh, nasaan na ba kasi si Louisse? It’s our first day, late pa siya. Muntik pang may kumuha ng pwesto niya.” Sabi ng mataray na babae sa mga kasama nito.

“And you,” Sabay duro nito sa kanya. “Kahit na walang nakaupo diyan, hindi pa rin kita papa-upuin diyan. It’s like I want to sit next to a loser. Ew…”

“Ohhh…” Her classmates said in unison.

Like I want to sit with a monster like you!

“Ang dami pang sinabi. Tsk.” And she rolled her eyes.

“What the hell?” The girl said irritated.

Inirapan lang niya ito at naghanap na ng bakanteng upuan.

Unfortunately, all the seats are occupied in front and in the other rows except on the last row. There are only two chairs which are vacant. One is near the door and the other one is next to the right of the other. She’s disgusted because she doesn’t like to be at the back. She never sits at the back all her life.