Chapter 2

2

I agreed to play her game. I know it is something countering my words but I don’t care. The only thing I am thinking now is my sister. I will not let her die in the arms of a wench.

I feel my feet moving again. Making it’s own way pass the restless crowd. Yes, Marx is dead. And I am afraid, that I am next.

Where am I going? 

“You’ll soon find out.”, Umbra said still inside my head. The pain is still here and the feeling that I don’t own my body anymore. Literally, walking to somewhere that I don’t even know, sensing my feet moving involuntarily, and having someone speaking in my head. I wonder if these thoughts are mine, or Umbra’s. Maybe she input them so she will have her dose of inhumane entertainment.

“Hahahah!!!”, her laugh again. My ears ache, banging the delicate walls inside it. “I am really entertained by your train of thought Layla. But sadly, I will limit my control of you.”

What??? Limit??

“Limit. You can control your body now. In 5,4,3,2----1”

I stop walking. I let the sensation of myself fill me once again. I twitch my fingers, walk 5 steps away from my point. Yes, I can move my body again. Well, I could thank Umbra with this.

“But, the body is not just a medium of controlling. I am still holding your threads Layla. So be careful with your action. I will just speak when I am ordering you, to spare your ears for awhile. Well, maybe, if I get another silly anecdote of yours, I will break that.”, then she chuckles. I wish I could chuckle with her. My feelings are sucked, being controlled by her, I guess.

“Now Layla. Walk pass that alley then cross the street, turn to your left and walk straight ahead. You will see a line of payphone stations. Open the 3rd one to the right. Get the blue bag inside. I will not repeat this. You should remember everything. And when you disobey one, you know what will happen next. Bye, my dear clown.”

My head returns to being light. But the thoughts of calling me clown and the consequence of my actions still linger. It’s true that Umbra left my brain, however, her words seem to haunt me.

I follow the directions she told me. The dark alley is good, because it’s quiet. I stand there and take a breath before continuing my walk. My life drastically change for just 5 minutes, for the past hour I never felt silence, for someone is speaking inside my head, controlling me, laughing inside. Now, even just for awhile. I am enjoying my ‘mind freedom’.

Outside the alley is different. The sound of busy town is in front of me again. I have to wait for the cars to stop so I can cross peacefully. Those people’s faces that don’t seem to care. It’s a pain. I wish I were in their shoes right now. Well.