Chapter 1

Briyanna’s P.O.V

“May I see your boarding pass please?” as the security guard working at the airport asks I pull my pass out of my carry on and give it to him. After quickly glancing over at it, he nods “Thank you, you may proceed to your gate” giving it back to me I put it back into my carry on and go to find my gate. I sit down at the gate that my ticket has specified. It’s a 45 min wait for the plane that will take me to London to see my father.

I zone out listening to my playlist that is full of Ed Sheeran and One direction. Suddenly I hear the announcement that says that my plane is boarding slowly I get up and make my way to the entrance of the plane. I stand in the line for a couple of minutes and then I am walking down towards the plane. I go to first class. My father refuses to let me travel any other way. With all the money he spends of the best way of travel, you think he could spare a small portion for child support instead of leaving it all to my mother to support me. I get to my seat and there is a boy with a beanie and sunglasses on who looks to be sleeping. After putting my carry-on into the overhead bin I sigh as I slowly try to move past him without waking him up. However I am unsuccessful when I accidentally step on is foot.

“Ouch!” he says grabbing his foot.

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!” I say quickly sitting down on the other side of the boy. He turns his head to me and takes off his glasses. I am shocked to have my eyes met with ice blue eyes that seemed extremely familiar.

“It’s no problem” he says staring into my eyes with a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. I shyly look away feeling my face heating. “Sorry, your eyes are just so beautiful” The guy beside me says gently. Now I can feel myself getting even redder. I glace up and he’s still staring at me. This time he glances away starting to blush.

“Your eyes are pretty fantastic too.” I say smiling. He glances down at his hands a smile playing at his lips. “Are you gonna tell me your name?” I ask suddenly wanting to get to know this person.

He glances at me with his shockingly blue eyes. “Niall” He says. All I can think is, Oh. My. God. “And yours?” he asks expectantly.

Gaping at him I compose myself and tell him my name. “Briyanna” I say smiling.

“Beautiful name for a beautiful girl” Niall says smiling. I smile and start blushing all over again. We are staring at each other as the seat belt sign comes on with a ding causing us both to jump and laugh. We both put on our seat belts and listen as the flight attendant talks to up about air safely. As I watch her I can see Niall sneaking glances at me. I notice but I keep my eyes locked on the flight attendant and don’t look back.

As the flight attendant finishes Niall turns to me. “So Briyanna, why are you going to London?”

I look at Niall and reply, “My father lives there and my mother lives here in Edmonton, Alberta”

Niall looks at me confused. “Why do they live basically on opposite sides of the world?”

“My parents are selfish and can’t even share a continent with each other.” I say rolling my eyes at my parent’s immaturity.

“Even if it means the other doesn’t get to see you nearly as often?” Niall asks cocking his head to the side slightly in a way that makes my chest contract.

“Even then.” I say never taking my eyes off of his. 

Niall’s eyes widen and he says “Wow that must be a lot of travelling for you!”

“Yeah, I’ve gotten used to it though.” I say shrugging

“How long has your dad lived in London for?”

“Coming up to 3 years now.”

“How long are you planning on visiting for?” Niall asks

“I’m actually moving there for a while.”

Niall’s eyes brighten as I say this. “Really? I just moved there from Ireland!”

“Yeah and that’s really cool!” I answer enthusiastically followed shortly by a yawn.

“Tired?” He asks clearly concerned.

“Yeah kind of it’s been a long day for me.” I said as I could feel my eye lids growing heavier.

“Go to sleep. We can talk more when you wake up” I nodded as he said this, rapidly drifting off to sleep.