prologue

Svetlana and Konstantin Boykov's hearts dropped the second they woke up to their alarm system going off.

Someone was inside of their house and they had about a minute to decide whether they should fight or run. When they heard the glass shattering from their many ceiling-length windows just feet away, they knew what they had to do. With one last kiss to each other, Konstantin reached for his gun that he kept under his pillow as Svetlana stumbled out of bed.

Svetlana ran to the steps that led from their bedroom on the ground floor to the children's rooms on the third. Konstantin closed his eyes and prayed to God that his wife and beautiful babies would be able to get away from whoever was in their house.

Svetlana burst through the door in time to see her two little children cowering in bed together. 

"My babies," she murmured in Russian, gathering them into her arms, "I love you two so much."

The little boy, Nikolai, hugged his mother back while his little sister, Zoelie, cried. A single gunshot sounded from down below and the children cried harder, their chubby fingers holding onto their mothers bed shirt.

"You two have to hide in the place your Papa and I showed you. The one where you're safe." Svetlana planted kisses over their slick cheeks before pushing aside a carpet, revealing a metal door. She opened the door which had a small set up stairs underneath.

"Quickly, my loves, go down and don't come out. Nikolai, I trust in you to keep your sister safe. Keep the Boykov's name alive. I love you both." Svetlana shut the door, placed the carpet back in it's original spot and waited for her death. 

POLICE REPORT (May 11th, 1998)

On May 3rd, 1998, the bodies of Svetlana and Konstantin Boykov were found slaughtered in their home. Their two children, Nikolai and Zoelie, are now missing. Searches are now in progress.

POLICE REPORT (June 1st, 1998)

It's been nearly a month since the murder/kidnapping of the Boykov family. It has been discovered that Konstantin and Svetlana Boykov were part of a Russian mob and assisted in the trafficking of drugs, people, and weapons. The children have turned up, locked in a small cellar underneath the floorboards of a bedroom. They are now in custody of police. Anyone will information, please reach out to the numerous police stations.

POLICE REPORT (July 18th, 1998)

Deadly crime boss, Des Stilinski has been taken into custody for orchastrating the murders of Konstantin and Svetlana Boykov. According to an insider, the Stilinskis and the Boykovs have been feuding forces for years and there have been many deaths have been the outcome of their violent fights. Police are investigating. 

POLICE REPORT (December 9th, 2007)

6 dead and 13 wounded in the Stilinski v. Boykov street battle downtown. The orphans of the infamous Des Stilinski murder have been seen running through the streets and jumping from roof to roof. It is advised that anyone unable to defend themselves against these violent families abide by the new city curfew of 8:30 p.m.

A/N: Hey everyone! I love gang Harry Styles so I thought it'd be cool to switch it up and add a Russian twist. All the boys' first names will stay the same but their last names will change to something that is Russian or sounds it. This story will have lots of violence and such in it. Enjoy!

-Megan