Chapter 5:The beginning of war.

"Who is Valentine? And why does he scare you?"

Sophie walked past several graves, came across a concrete bench to sit on. "Last year when Marcel disappeared, Valentine took control of the quarter."

At the mention of Marcel, Rebekah couldn't believe her words. It was more than a century to hear that familiar name.

"How's that possible? Marcel died a century ago."

"No, he survived the night when this city was burned to the ground."

....

Klaus poured a drink for himself as he watched over Tyler who was tied down. Blood was everywhere and Tyler was in pain. Klaus always like getting messy and bloody to get what he desired but nowadays, the situation was quite the opposite. He was going to become a father, and his plan were taking time to set in.

A lot of planning was involved and he had to keep Elijah out of the way as his noble behavior was ruining the way Klaus had decided to work with him.

Twenty-four hours of slashing Tyler's skin so vervain would go away was the last thing he wanted to do. He could ask anyone to do it for him but he was trying to keep himself away from his doe-eyed sister.

After he was done with the drink and hoped for this to get over soon, he came to him. "Now, Tyler, I think this is enough and the vervain is out of your system." To confirm his speculation, he compelled him to take out his daylight ring in the sun. Tyler did what was asked and he was saved at the last second.

Satisfied, he looked into his eyes again.  "Now you will go straight to quarter, mix up with them and get inside the Valentine's trusted circle and find Marcel Gerard. If you got any news or any clue, you will update me immediately

"I will update you." No doubt, his newest servant was ready to serve. Taking orders, he was freed and as he faded away into the dark, Klaus stayed— lost in the pool of his own thoughts.

****

Sunday morning, right after breakfast, Klaus had summoned the vampires and werewolves in the front yard that he had received from Henry. Until now, they had been chained but it was the time for his next move.

While he compelled the vampires to head to quarter and mingle with Valentine's, the werewolves were lying dead on the ground, in transition.

"But!" Klaus eloquent. "before you dispatch, someone is here to meet you"

Caroline came out of the mansion in time, stood beside Klaus with a huge gap between them. She quickly scanned the vicinity.

"Now love, will you please recognize the vampire who attacked you?" He grinned at her.

Caroline inspected every single vampire that stood there. She even stepped forward, showing no fear and it drew Klaus' interest.

She squinted her dark green eyes—trying to have a glimpse of every single one of them. The flash of that came back, and she was scared, just for a second before pulling herself together and shook off the memory.

"He's not among them." he turned to him. "I think he escaped or maybe he was not your guy."

"Are you sure, love?" Klaus crossed his arms on his back.

"Dead sure." She repeated in confidence.

Klaus ordered his vampire to leave and as they left, Caroline's eyes went to those wolves.

"What the hell did you do to these people?"

"Don't worry, love. They are in transition. My own sired hybrid soldiers."

"What are you planning?" She asked with full curiosity, her eyes matching his.