Lesbian romance movie list

Okay, so let's be honest here. Lesbian romance movies are hard to find. Even after composing an insanely long list and searching the web for HOURS I could not find most of the movies on my list and  so I figured that I would do my best to make everyone elses life easier. I will do so by composing a list. Most of which I have not had the pleasure of seeing. But those I have seen, I will tell you honestly what I thought and where I found the movie. Well, ENJOY!

Goldfish Memory-stagevu.com-

Plot: A light-hearted look at the dangers and delights of dating in contemporary Dublin

My thoughts: This movie was entertaining. Some parts were hilarious. But the main focus of the movie was not lesbians and a few of these "lesbians" were indeed just women desperate for attention.  All in all, a pretty good watch.

Fire-Youtube.com-

Plot: At first glance, you see a happy middle-class family going through the normal paces of everyday life. However, as the layers are slowly peeled back, we find a simmering cauldron of discontent within the family, with almost every family member living a lie. Both marriages in the family turn out to be emotionally empty, without love or passion. While Ashok is an ascetic who has taken a vow of celibacy, Jatin is a handsome ladies' man who is still openly seeing Julie even after his marriage to Sita. Ashok has pledged his total devotion to a religious holy man, a swami, in order to purge his life of worldly desires and temptations. Radha, bound by her sense of duty to her husband, agrees to go along with his wishes. As you can imagine, with both husbands ignoring their spouses' emotional and sexual needs (albeit with reasons that are totally opposite from each other), it is only a matter of time before Radha and Sita look to one another for comfort and to satisfy their own passions.

My thoughts: Fire is a story of forbidden love in a Hindu society. The acting isn't bad. The theme is  enlightening rather than crude. Their love is actually quite endearing and sweet to watch. This movie will NOT dissapoint. 

Hannah Free-netflix-

Plot: A film about a lifelong love affair between an independent spirit and the woman she calls home.

My thoughts: This movie surprised me. I expected very little from it. But the actress that played Hannah  was extremely funny and you grow attached to her as the movie goes on. It's a story of two women and the love they shared over the decades. It moved me. 

The Secret Diaries of Miss Anne Lister-pretty much anywhere online-

Plot: In nineteenth century Yorkshire wealthy orphan Anne Lister lives with an aunt and uncle, anxious for her to marry well and blissfully - unaware that she is a lesbian. Anne is recording her thoughts and exploits in a coded diary.

My thoughts: This is the story of a passionate love affair between two very real people. It is a period romance and exceeds as one. Although the plot was patchy, the story was wonderful. And I couldn't help but grow attached to the actresses and their plight. 

Rome and Juliet-youtube.com-

Plot: ROME AND JULIET follows the romantic journey and soul mating of two straight women caught in a web of forbidden love. Juliet (a conservativepre-school teacher) is a bride to be who befriends and hires Rome (a liberated businesswoman) as her wedding planner. As they go through the preparations, Rome and Juliet develop a deep friendship, a soulful connection and a love that is physically consummated.

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this movie. It was funny and sweet. However, cheating does occur and a lot of women are averse to such happenings. Either way, the movie does not leave you wanting for anything. It's worth the time.