7 - pink princess

[ irwin ]

closing hours, and for some reason none of the employees were leaving.

calum and luke had told me they were planning on staying a while longer because luke had something to show him. he wouldn’t tell me what it was.

michael had left as soon as his shift ended, practically running to his car.

i decided to walk around a bit, maybe straighten up the items along the shelves while i was waiting to lock down.

i leaned down, picking up a fallen teenage mutant ninja turtle toy off of the ground.

just as i was about to stand back up to place it on the shelf, i was met face to face with a tiny girl.

she looked about four, wearing little pigtails on both sides of her head. her frilly pink tutu was the first thing to catch my attention.

“hi! i’m liv! that’s short for olivia.” she beamed, nearly bouncing on her tip toes.

“hey liv, i’m ashton. what are you doing here? we’re closed, did you lose your mom?” i asked, smiling. she was pretty damn cute.

“no, silly! my mommy works here.” she giggled, pointing to a woman crouched by the fairy princess dolls.

“she said i could pick out a halloween costume, but i can’t find them.” she said, a big frown on her face.

i told her to follow me, and we walked all the way over to the halloween costumes.

i asked her what she wanted to be, and she said a pink princess. duh.

as soon as we got to the aisle, she sped past me and over to where she spotted a long pink dress.

“this one, this one!” she cheered, taking it off the rack.

i laughed, nodding and turning around to walk back. and for the second time that night, i was met face to face with a girl.

“oh, hi. are you liv’s mom? she asked me to help her find a costume…” i trailed off, suddenly feeling shy under her gaze.

a smile grew on her face, and she thanked me for helping before collecting her daughter and walking away.

she was beautiful.

-

im sorry this is so lame, i wanted to update before i left for school today.

the boys with kids is my #1 weakness, so here ya go