Mute Girl: 8

Emma's POV

AUGUST

School has just started this month and it's been pretty good. I've been at tryouts a lot so I miss my Regina time. Homework is so damn hard. I come to the cabin after a workout and I'm all sweaty so I quickly hop into the shower. I wash off all the sweat from my body. The cold water feels so good. I miss Regina. She has been taking extra classes to get away from me. I think. I think she's mad because well I don't actually know. I just need to talk to her. I really need to. After my shower I put on a black Calvin Klein bra and boxers to match. I put on socks and put my hair putting it into a bun. I walk out my room and Regina is in the living room. I go to the kitchen and make two yogurt parfaits. Strawberry and banana with granola and obviously yogurt. I bring it over to Regina and she smiles before she takes a sip from the straw and continues on school work. I just stare at her for a few seconds.

'Please stop staring'

"You're gorgeous" Is all I say and I see her blush. "Can you come here for a second" She gives me a look. "Please I just want to hold you for a second and then you can go back to school work" She puts her books down and then she lays down next to me. She faces me and we are eye to eye. She slides her legs between mine and I put my hand on her waist pulling her close. I kiss her nose softly. "I miss you" I say. I know she can't say it back but she snuggles closer. I put my head on top of hers and close my eyes.

_______
I wake up and my eyes adjust to the dark. It's super dark in here. Shit it's night time. I grab my phone and post a picture of her sleeping. She's so cute. I feel her grab my shirt. I look down and she pulls me closer her knee grazing my shaft. I groan. She whimpers in her sleep and I see a tear fall from her closed eyes. "Hey hey Regina wake up it's just a dream" I say sitting up with her in my arms. She grips onto me and I hold her closer. She pulls her knees to her chest and I kiss her head. What was she dreaming about. We stayed up all night because Regine as too scared to go back to sleep afraid the dream will continue. She hasn't told me what it's about. It's the weekend and I'm kinda nervous and scared. What was she dreaming about?

"Can you tell what it was about. Please you're scaring me. I just want to help." I ask.

'The kids who bullied me were beating me up and you came and saved me. But they grabbed you and started beating you. I tried to save you but i was glued to the floor and i couldn't look away. I think they killed you but you woke me before I could tell if they killed you or not' I frown and grab her hand but she pulls away. "Regina" I say hurt.

'You died, because of me' I look at her and I see tears falling down her face and without a second thought I pull her body to mine. Her back to my front. She turns around and I hold her hips. "It's okay, I'm here and I'm okay. I'm safe. I'm okay" She nods and looks down at my lips. I look down at her without realizing. She starts to lean in slowly but I shake my head. "You're vulnerable and we can't" She nods and I just hold her.

It's been three days. The dreams haven't went away. I think they are getting worse. I don't know. We sleep together. Like in the same bed. Not like that. I've been spending less time at the gym and more with her because she needs me. And she's scared when I'm gone for too long. I walk into the cabin and Regina immediately jumps to her feet and grabs my face. I hold her hands on my sore face. I got into a fight. Word must've already spread around school. My nose and lip are bloody. She looks at me fearful. I sigh. The other two guys look way worse. I got jumped because people don't think a girl should be quarter back on a boys football team. All week I've been fighting and getting in trouble. It's the weekend so I can heal up before someone tries to jump me again. Last time it was four and I hid it from Regina well. But this is the first time she's seen me. She runs away quickly and I sit on the couch and groan. My body is sore. So damn sore. I practice and then fight it's ridiculous.

She comes back with stuff. 'I'm sorry it's gonna burn Em' I nod and she dabs my lip with the alcohol. But it feels a bit better. She cleans up my nose and I groan because it's really hurts. She gives me a sorry face and I kiss her cheek. "It's okay" She smiles and throws away the trash before sitting in front of me waiting for an explanation.

"Nothing happened, I'm fine Regina" She gets up and walks away.

"Regina" I walk to her room following her when she slams the door in my face. I hear the lock click and sigh. "Please Regina, come on" I yell and I don't hear anything.

"Everything okay" I turn to see our parents. "Uh yea" I say. "Oh my god! Emma what happened!" Cora asks grabbing my face. "I got into a fight" I say and I sit down. I look at Regina's door and look down. We never fight. Never even disagree. Nothing like this. "With who" My mom asks. "Some guys are mad that I'm the new quarterback and tried to jump me, it's been like a few days now" I say. I should have told Regina.

"Can you give me a second I need to talk to Regina" I say standing up. "She will be fine what's going on Emma" Henry says. "No we never fight, I need to talk to her please. And then I'll tell you everything please" I beg. They don't say anything and I walk to her door. I try to open it and I know all the parents are watching me but I don't care.

"Please Regina" My phone buzzes and I see Regina pop up. 'Just leave me alone Please Emma' I shake my head and close my eyes leaning against the door. "Please Regina just let me explain" I ask and look at my phone. 'I don't want to hear it' I bite my lip. "I care about you so much Regina. Please just talk to me. You don't even have to speak" I joke and I hear nothing.

"Okay bad joke but you're my life and I can't loose you. I'm sorry I lied but I promise I'll tell you. The real truth okay. Just open the door Gina please" The door opens and she gives me a look. I grab her face and kiss her forehead. Totally forgetting the parents are there. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I apologize. 'You have a minute' I nod and walk in closing the door.