Chapter One

I wake up to the loud scream of my mother. I sit up with a start, and then I remember. It's Wednesday. My dad is here to take me to school. Just another one of their pointless fights. I stumble down the stairs and scowl at them.

"Shut up!" I yell they both look at me with a blank stare like I have never done it before. I roll my eyes then walk back to my room to get ready for school. I grab a pair of ripped jeans and a plain gray t-shirt. I feel a sudden jolt and tumble to the ground, my head hits something hard. I tripped over my stupid bag. My mom is making me go to my grandpa’s house for the March break; she claims she needs "time to relax". Yeah right she is probably going to Las Vegas, since my dad left she has been addicted to gambling and bets on everything.

 I angrily kick my bag and stomp to the bathroom. I flinch at the sight of my face. I had gotten home late from my friends party and didn't bother to wash of my makeup. I now pay for that, I wash off my face clearing the easily visible drag queen marks. My hair was equally scary. I swear it was trying to swallow my brush. Eventually I give up and throw it into a quick pony tail and slump back to my room.

 My cellphone is having a seizure telling me I have a text message. It's Cassie, of course. 'Hey! not comin 2 schol today, can u get my stuf frm my locker?' she asks. I roll my eyes. 'going to my gramps place, member! cant srry!' I send. She replies with a crying face.

 When I get downstairs, my dad has left. My mom sits at the table reading the paper.

 "Where is dad? He is supposed to drive me to school today!" I ask.

 "He went to work, you will have to walk" She sighs. I groan. "Don't be angry at me it's his responsibility!"

 "Can't you drive me?"

 "You know, fresh air won't kill you.” Huh says who. I walk to the fridge and grab an apple and a water bottle. "Oh, don't forget your grandpa will be picking you up today."

 "Yes, to go to my wonderful holiday." I say sarcastically.

 "Now Taylor-"

 "Yeah, yeah I know this is his holiday too. See you later." And with that I walk out and slam the door behind me

- - -

The air has a musty smell the sidewalks are slightly damp with dew. I turn down my schools street and a cold breeze hits me, I pull my sweater over my hands. I can hear the kids from the school yard laughing and yelling, excited for spring break to begin. I heard a ring and I guess that it’s just someone’s phone but then I realize it was the bell.

 "Shit" I curse and run down the street. I burst through the doors and fight my way through the big crowd. I zip past my locker and step through my door just as the bell rings.

 "Taylor!!" My friend Jake is waving at me, I walk over and sit next to him "Ohmygosh you will never guess what happened yesterday after school!" He's like the Perez Hilton of Eastdale High School; he knows just about everyone and is on almost every extracurricular club in the school. "Ava finally dumped John! I can't understand why but" He blabbers on, I didn’t have the heart to tell him that John actually broke up with her and it was because he caught her kissing a sophomore. But I didn’t want to ruin his fun. Ms. Banks starts to speak and Jake rolls his eyes. He turns back around and starts scribbling in his notebook.

 "I understand that it's the last day before spring break and you are all happy to get away" blah, blah, blah, I tune her out and look around the class Johns eyes are red, he's been crying he looks over at me and I try to give him a comforting smile but his lip just starts quivering again. I sigh; this is going to be a long day.

End of chapter one