Back To You

Blah blah I'm hype for vol. 6.

Enjoy.

Sometimes it's hard to be the strong one. Somedays she just wants to be the one to be cared for. Some say she's just putting up a facade to look strong, but in fact she's terrified to face the world.

But some say she was just Yang.

Yang was many things that could make a person be grateful they got a chance to meet her. To Blake, she never thought she would love an individual so much that it scares her.

The day they became partners wasn't by coincidence.

It was by choice.

She chose Yang to be her partner. She chose to open up to the girl. And Yang made sure to show just how much she cares for Blake.

Everyday they would hang out with one another. Talking about school projects, fighting styles, weapons, big or small objects, pretty much what friends talk about. But the way Yang smiles as she talks always brightens the faunus' day.

Her lilac eyes would sparkle as the girl oh so passionately talk about some lame pun. Everyone groans but Blake (because she's a sucker for that grin coming from the blonde brawler).

When they fight and banter, one would leave the other to cool off, but in the end they'll just come back to each other.

Like a magnet, the two would connect in a heartbeat. Like a glove to a hand, they fit each other without even trying.

Like the sun and the moon, they shine the other's darkness away.

And here they were, in the dorm room. Yang playing with her scroll while Blake sits besides her partner reading her one of her 'family friendly' books.

As time passes, the brawler began to grow bored and decided to glance over to see what scenario her partner was at. Honestly she was a sucker for those books, but unlike Blake, Yang is actually good at hiding her...juicy novels.

"He leans in closer to her ear, and let out a low growl as scratch marks began forming on her skin. He let out a hungry moa-" before the blonde could continue, she was hit by the book itself.

"Y-Yang!" Screamed the distress raven haired.

Yang let out a mighty laugh, like a lion's roar, it echoed and boomed the entire room. She sits right back up and smiles at her friend.

"I see you were at the good part. No wonder you were squirming around. You must have been so into the scene that you-" she got hit by the same book once more.

"Shut up!" Blake hisses with her face covered by her hands. Yang chuckles and brushed a single tear that came out from her right eye.

"Alright alright, I'm sorry. I'll buy you those tuna flavored chips you really like as an apology." And just like that, she made Blake smile.

"You always know what to say to make me come back to you" the girl sarcastically said.

Yang shot her a toothy grin, one that everyone knows and loves.

" And that's all that matters partner".

....

"Yang?" Blake calls out quietly seeing the state of her partner.

Beaten, exhausted, dirty, and broken.

Just like the time she left her, minus the prosthetic arm.

Yang looks up to meet her partner's eyes. She looked so defeated, and Blake knew it was all her fault.

"...Blake?" The blonde said with quivering lips and a  trembling body. Yang couldn't believe what she was seeing right now. Someone who left her...actually came back? She prayed, oh dear lord she prayed, that this wasn't just an illusion. This wasn't just her mind playing dirty tricks with her for the millionth time.

"Yang I'm so sorry" cried her partner as she jumped into her arms, hugging the broken fighter tightly.

Yang didn't do anything but accept it, whether this was real or fake she didn't care. It was nice to see Blake back. Even if she left, she was just glad that her partner didn't die.

At least she could get a good night rest knowing that, by chance, someone actually cane back.

'Someone actually came back to you.'

And her world completely went black, but before that she heard Blake's voice calling her name.

"Yang stay awake please!".

And for once, she smiled.

Someone did come back.

And that's all that mattered to her.