Daddy

I was fast asleep in the middle of some random dream when i heard "Mommy." i brushed it off and buried my face deeper in the blankets."Mommy." i heard a little louder and my eyes fluttered open. I looked over and saw my 3 year old daughter with tears on her cheeks. "Ella whats wrong?" i asked picking my 3 year old up and setting her on the other side of my 8 month baby bump. "I miss daddy." she sobbed. Those words brought tears to my eyes. "So does mommy." i whispered to hide the crack in my voice. She buried her head in my side and i could feel her tears soak through my shirt. I rubbed her back as i let a few tears fall. The memories of Luke flooded back and it made this moment even harder. *3 Months Earlier* Today Luke and the rest of 5 Seconds of Summer are coming home from their 5 month tour. Ella and i have made a "Welcome home" cake for all the guys with purple icing. Ella thought it should match Uncle Micheal's hair. She then made a banner saying "Welcome home i love you" with her markers and crayons. After we put up all the streamers and decorations i made her a turkey sandwhich and chips for lunch. "Ella lunch is ready." i said from the kitchen. She ran in with her crayons and paper. "Watcha doing with that?" i asked handing her the plate. "Oh im just making daddy a picture for when he gets home tonight" she said casually taking a bite of her sandwhich. "Ok sweetheart momma needs to rest," i said rubbing my stomatch," so ill be in the living room watching tv" i walked into the the living room and and plopped down on the couch. "Hey baby boy." i whispered to my 5month baby bump. "Your daddy wants to name you Luke jr. But i think it should be Robert. Robbie for short. Its your daddy's middle name and it might be your first name." i chuckled at what i was saying. "How about some TV." i turned on the tv and flipped through a couple channels and stopped on News Channel 15 when i heard 5sos. The image on the screen almost made me want to scream. But i couldnt. The picture of the boys tour bus smashed into a cement wall with a semi smashed into the side was what i saw. Their was a helicopter view and a reporter listing details "The 4 boys of the popular Australian band 5 Seconds of Summer were in a terrible car crash on interstate 87 leading from Plymoth to Sydney. The boys were coming home from their stadium tour when the bus lost control, hit and cement wall, and then was hit again by a semi. The only two survivors," i held my breath praying that one would be Luke. "Calum Hood and Michael Clifford. The two other members who died in the crash were Luke Hemmings and Ashton Irwin." I was about to let out a long scream before i heard a new voice come through the speakers. It was Calum. He had a sling on his arm and cuts and bruises all over his face. "(y/n) if your watching this," he started of shaky but he took a deep breath and began again more calm. "(y/n) if your watching this, Luke before he was taken in the ambulance he wanted me to tell you he loves you. He is sorry he cant be there for you or Ella but most of all he is sorry he cant be their for your new baby boy. He wants you to name him whatever you want if its Luke Jr. Or your choice as Robert. But whatever you choose he will love. (y/n) he wanted me to tell you that he promises to meet you someday again. He loves you and thats the one thing he wanted to tell you." I turned off the tv and put my head down. I cant really describe the feelimg but i know part of what i felt was pain. I closed my eyes and and imagined a world without Luke. Without my husband. The thoughts were too terrible so i opened my eyes. Thats when i saw an emotionless Ella with a piece of paper in her hand. She opened her mouth and asked "Does this mean i cant give Daddy my picture?"