The Slender Man

It was a normal night for me. I was walking home I decided to take the shortcut through the forest. The colours of the night descended down over it, giving it a gloom look to it. I didn't care at all. 

My name was Chelsea Tembati. I was so not scared of a forest at night. The usually green and brown forest colors were far more disturbed, it was an eerie blackness that settled on it.  Oh well. My legs were aching and I wanted to get my sore butt home. I had to work and I couldn't drive yet. I could in about three days. 

I slowly walked into the forest. Dry leaves crunched under my feet. I felt stupid for not bringing a flashlight. I reached into my pocket. My hand closed around the smooth metal. I brought it out by my side and flipped the blade open. It was next to my side, which eased my nervousness. I advanced into the woods. 

What the hell! Just get out already! My brain screamed at me. Ok maybe I was more scared then I thought. 

I took off running, closely dodging trees. The night air whipped through my natural black hair. I slowed when my side started to cramp. I was breathing heavy, nearly out of the woods. I walked farther. Then the cold sensation ran over me.

I was being watched. I felt it, it brought up shivers in me. It settled in the pit of my stomach. I kept walking but the sensation just grew. I did the worst mistake and looked over my shoulder.

Standing about 20 feet behind me was a man. He was about 8 feet tall and his arms were long, going about to his ankles. His legs were pretty long also. He wore a black business suit. I looked at his face. He had no face. It was blank, completely white. I saw something coming towards me. I screamed. I ran as fast as I could, dodging this thing. Shivers were tossed down my spine. 

I burst into the clearing, screaming my head off. Someone had heard me and came to my aid.

I grabbed her arm. "Don't let him get me!" I screamed at her with terrified eyes.

She helped me to my house. I nodded thankfully to her. I turned around and looked at the woods. There he was, lingering on the outside. Somehow watching me. I reached out a finger and pointed towards him. The woman looked in that direction and confusion crossed her face. She had to see him! She couldn't. A high pitched noise filled the air, like he was laughing at me. I hissed between my teeth and ducked inside trying to erase the image from my mind.

I sighed and retired to bed. I didn't want dinner. I didn't say anything to my family, just walked up stairs. I tossed my pocket knife on the table and quickly changed into my jammies. I fluffed my pillow out, turned on my alarm, and laid down. I fell asleep the instant my head hit the pillow.

I was in a forest. Exactly like the one I had just been in. I walked around. It was dark and I had no idea where I was. I saw something and flinched back. It was just a tree. It was a wilted tree, but it was just a tree. I turned the other way and started walking. A dark sensation rippled through me. I turned around. The tree was gone! I gasped and started to run. A high pitched noise filled the forest. There he was. On both sides of me stretching in a long line as I ran. I screamed, I couldn't escape. I felt something intrude in my mind, taking over. My body unwillingly walked into the arms of the tall man. They wrapped around me, pulling me closer. I felt my essence drain. I gasped when I realized he was sucking the life right out of me. I screamed and kicked, anything to get free. It didn't work. Game over. 

I gasped jumping up in my sleep. Sweat coated me, my jammies, and my bed. I was nearly screaming. This strange man terrified me. I wish he would go away. Leave me be with myself. I knew he wouldn't. I just wondered... Stop thinking like that Chelse! Nothing is gonna happen. Your either going insane or it was an illusion. Or a prank. Yea a prank giving you nightmares. Calm down.