Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

-Violet's POV-

This time I didn't struggle waking up, and this time I knew instantly what that warmth surrounding me was coming from.

Shooting up out of bed, I was suddenly on the other side of the room with my back to a wall, my eyes widened in shock at what I just did.

"Hey, hey, hey, sweetie. Its okay. I'm not going to hurt you." The same handsome man from earlier spoke to me in a soothing tone, slowly getting out of bed as if to not startle me more. "I'm Blane, remember we spoke last time you were awake?"

Right, Blane. But I was still in shock at what I had just done, crossing the room in the blink of an eye. "H-how did I...?" I didn't even know how to ask what I just did, I waved from the bed to myself with my hand, trailing off not even sure if it was all just my imagination or not.

"Vampire speed." Was all Blane responded with, and I remembered our last conversation.

"Oh..." Was all I could say, I have no idea if the shock of this new world, my new world, will ever wear off.

"You fainted when I told you last time, I'm sorry I just hit you with that news, I could have broken it to you a little softer." Blane grimaced with an apologetic look.

"It's okay, it's not your fault I'm in this world now. It's not like there could be any news more shocking than being a vampire anyway." I tried reassuring Blane that I was okay, and I didn't blame him.

But the second time Blane grimaced, my stomach dropped, suspecting there was more to be told.

"What is it? There's more isn't there?" I asked, afraid to hear the answer.

Blane hesitated before he slowly nodded his head yes.

Letting out a shaky breath, I tentatively asked, "Will you tell me everything?"

Making eye contact with me, Blane walked over to and sat on a chair near the window that faced the bed and indicated with his hand for me to take a seat on the bed. "Yes, but on one condition."

My heart dropped. Of course, nothing comes free, there's always something I have to give to get anything in my life.

I hesitated in asking what the condition is, and my eyes wondered around the room, taking it in for the first time. It was a large room, obviously a bedroom with the large king-sized bed with gray satin sheets, dark gray walls and dark wooden flooring. It was minimalistic, but I could tell it had expensive taste written all over it, and clearly a male's room, assumedly Blane's as I could weirdly smell his scent all over the room, I'll process that weird ability later. The window by where Blane was sitting was the only window in the room, but it was large and covered almost the entire expanse of the wall, dark beige curtains pulled aside to show a breath taking view of the forest behind the house, illuminated but the early morning sun. The wall opposite the window and the wall I was against, had one closed door, assuming the bedroom door, and the final wall opposite the bed had a fireplace in the middle, with a door on either side of it, most likely to a closest and bathroom.

I finally meet Blane's eyes again and walked towards the bed and sat facing him and asked, "What do you want?"

"What's your name?" Blane asked me, shocking me that he only wanted to know my name.

"Is that it?" I asked.

"Yes sweetie, that's all. So, can I please finally know your name?"

"Oh, um, Violet. Violet Stevenson." I said, relieved.

"Violet." He tested out my name with a thoughtful face, before smiling at me. "What a pretty name to match its owner." He said, staring at my now blushing face, with an emotion I couldn't quite place shining in his eyes.