AWARE

Zoona

Breathe.

Just breathe.

I woke from a different place, and I did not wake from sleep. It was not a home to were dreams resided, it was a deeper, more of a reclusive hollow; a cavity in my brain where nothing could subsist, a place where even existence and time stood still, and as black as infinite possibility. So when I had stirred from this formless void, it was not my consciousness or my body which had found a way out of this bottomless abyss, it was life. My very soul’s fire. And then with the fire came everything else. 

Something fluttered in my chest, only as gentle as a bird’s beating wing: my heart. I felt this certain affection towards its endurable rhythm. Not as if it were even my nucleus or just another organ that had sustained its self, but like the tenderness and devotion one feels towards a new born baby; it was not my heart that was pulsing yet it could only be mine. I felt like saying, “Thank you for still beating”

I waited for the pulse of my heart to arouse everything else; the blood to do its circuit and drum against slumbering organs and muscles but my blood was stagnant, only silent and a monotone - numb from something...

What?

What was in me?

It was a pointless question for now, yet I wrestled with myself to shove it aside. It was an interesting question, and one that had been shadowing my attention since awaking. 

What or who had put me into this strange coma? Had I died?

It was useless to ponder on it, it was only inducing fear and panic through me. I needed to focus on waking from the dormant senseless sensation.

That’s it!

Fear.

It was unusual state of mind, and felt unnatural and at the same time came with complete ease: purposely playing with my fears - like playing with fire - but I knew it would have to work - it must work; it was the only way out.

Slowly, then with a surge of brooding emotion, I felt the heat of panic, it’s energy regenerating my stagnant blood; the constriction in my chest starts to pound against my ribs cage - my heart. It was no longer a gentle quiver but a rich vibration of blood.  

My eyes are closed although my consciousness presses against them, prompting them for the safety of sight. My body continues to stay dormant, as if it was still sleeping yet my mind was stirring, leaking a concoction of the ominous and then...

Suddenly my hand tremors. Then my wet lashes fluttered, their tranquility caressing my cheeks.

Finally I am waking from this stale sleep.

Finally my eyes open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment! I don't mind if you don't want to vote but please please give a little comment, just so I know if you are or are not enjoying my story. 

p.s I promise it will get more exciting, this is just the first Chapter/introduction. I already have plans for this story. 

Thank you, and keep reading x