one; midnight.

I've always loved night time; there's something about the darkness and the fact that it seems like the entire world has gone to sleep. My name is Lilith, and I love the night.

Which, I guess is a good thing, considering all I seem to do is sneak out of my bedroom window in the dead of the night; we'll come back to that topic.

As we've already established, I'm Lilith, Lilith Avery Prescott. In case you were wondering, Lilith, in the Bible, is some sort of demon devil slut. Literally, my name means 'female demon', and Avery means Elf, so my name is, female demon elf.

Thanks mum, thanks dad; they named me demon and expected me to be an angel, where is the logic in that, anyway, back to the midnight thing.

I met a boy, at a service station, in the middle of the night. I was buying Pro Plus and Diet Cherry Coke, he was buying single malt whiskey and cigarettes. And damn, he was gorgeous. I knew that I wouldn't be his type, so I left with a smile.

I honestly thought that, that would be the last I ever saw of the Arabian Adonis, but boy, was I wrong.

A few days later, in the middle of the night, I heard a engine running. I looked out of my bedroom window, and there it was, that ever so familiar black pick up truck. I decided to ignore it, but he was relentless. He would park his pick up outside my bedroom window every night, until the night that I climbed out of the window, and pursued him.

As it turned out, I was his type. Don't second guess yourself girls.

What I am doing now, is what I do every night, I sneak out of my window at around eleven pm, and then I climb back through the window around five am, getting two hours sleep before school. I'll admit, dragging myself out of bed two hours after I initially got into it is hard, very hard. But it's worth it, every second I can spend with Zayn is worth the gut wrenching sleep deprivation I feel the next morning.

Zayn will text me when he's outside, all I have to do is get out of the house to meet him. And that, is what I'm doing right now.

My feet touch the damp grass outside of my window, my black stilettos in my right hand, my phone in my left. I run across the front lawn, taking the path around the sprinkler sensors; an art that I have learnt to perfect. Once I'm free from the sprinkler haven, I slip on my shoes and walk confidently over to Zayn's pickup. I get in with a smile, the smell of his cologne and cigarettes wash over me, comforting me instantly.

''Hi Tiger.'' He grins, sparking up a cigarette and handing it to me, ''how was your day?''

I take the cigarette and grin, inhaling sharply on the blunt nub. ''I had AP French so you know, it could've been better.''

''Oh the struggles.'' He mocks, reversing the pickup out of the position near my bedroom window and beginning to drive down the empty main road.

''Excuse you, you have no idea how hard it is to live this life whilst trying to get the grades for a place at Oxford University.'' I rant softly, exhaling the delicious grey smoke.

''I don't know why you bother Lilith, I really don't.'' He says, taking a swig of his water whilst concentrating on the road.

''Elaborate..'' I say sternly, wanting to here what he has to say.

''No, don't worry about it.'' He shrugs it off, I'm not accepting that.

''Tell me Zayn.'' I press, he sighs.

''You don't need this University bullshit, you know what you're doing now will be able to support you better than all this higher education bullshit.''

''Yes, I know that, but what we're doing now is perfectly illegal.'' I argue back, resting my feet upon the dashboard, inhaling heavily, looking over at him and raking my eyes over the perfection that is, Zayn Malik.

''I've been doing this for five years Lilith, I haven't even had one run in with the cops.''

''Don't jinx it Zayn!'' I warn, taking a sip from the water bottle that he was previously drinking from.

''I'm not jinxing it Lil, I'm just saying, I haven't even had a close call with the authorities yet; We're doing pretty good, little one.'' He smirks proudly, I nod, agreeing.

''We are doing pretty good, I have to admit.'' I sigh, ''we make a good team.''

''Indeed we do, indeed we do.''

We drive around for hours, doing what we have to do to bring in the money that we both want, desire, crave.

That's what makes it all worth it, it's the money; and I do have to admit, the adrenalin is also a nice bonus.

''Have you counted it out?'' He asks, pulling up outside my house. I nod, looking up into his chocolate orbs.

''Seven thousand, three hundred and sixty; so that's a profit of six and a half grand.'' I say, splitting the cash into three piles, one for Zayn, one for me, and one for supplies. I put all three piles into brown envelopes, handing Zayn two and stuffing one envelope in my handbag.

''Not bad for a nights work, aye little'un?'' He grins.

''It's not too bad, but we could've made more.'' In my eyes, we can always make more.

''Of course we can, but we didn't do half bad tonight Lils.''

I nod, you can't say that over seven grand in three hours work is bad work, I look up at him, he looks down at me.

''Sleep good Tiger.'' He says softly, taking my chin in his hand, the pads of his calloused fingers rubbing my soft skin in a way that only he can. He pulls me closer, impossibly closer and places his lips upon mine, wrapping them in a delicious, slow, smooth, smoky kiss. I kiss back, my arms wrapping around his neck, fingers raking through the back of his gorgeous, dark hair.

The taste of his lips is so enticing, leaving you craving, needing more. He gives you a little, but never enough to fully satisfy your needs, making you come running back to him time after time. The kiss gets more intense, his free hand travels down to the small of my back, where he rubs and massages, and then it moves onto my hip where it continues to massage, before making a voyage back up my body and to the back of my head where he fists my light brown curls in his large palm, brining my head closer, kissing me deeper before pulling away from me, and kissing me on the forehead.

''Sleep good.'' He repeats, I nod, removing my shoes and leaving the pickup, running back up the front yard the same way I exited it four hours previously, he watches me go, as always, he'll stay until he knows I'm safely in my bedroom. I climb through the window and close it behind me.

Taking the brown envelope from my handbag, I place it in a safe that Zayn brought me. I keep it well hidden under my bed, because there is absolutely no reason for any normal seventeen year old to have a safe. I guess I'm not a normal seventeen year old.

I strip off my black dress, remove my bra and grab a large t shirt, Zayn's large t shirt; and slide it over my small frame, I bring the front up to my face, inhaling his scent, I smile to myself and sit on the edge of my bed and grab my phone.

I write a text to Zayn, ''Night night x'' I put, he responds instantly with, ''Until tomorrow, Tiger x''

I place my phone on charge next to my bed before climbing in between the sheets, laying my head on the pillow and immediately falling into a deep sleep.

Authors Note - what do you think?! Any feedback is welcome!