39- Not Holding Back

Parker sat there on the hospital bed, a bandage taped onto his shoulder, chugging down some water as he explained to his mother and sister what happened. They seemed shock that the hunters were working on something that was worse than wolfsbane and how Josh acted. All through the explanation he felt worry coursing through him. Majority of it for his mate, but also for his pack. He looked towards Dr. Nick, hope so clear in his eyes even god would be jealous.

"10 minutes max. But knowing you so well it'll be five. And we all know in reality that would be a minute." Nick said, having dealt with this particular alpha family for years. "So that would be about now. Avoid that green substance and warn the others about it more thoroughly." Parker gleefully made his way out of the room in search of Cypher, who was his only fast ride there. Miriam just shook her head while Margo sighed. Like father like son, she thought.

Along the way, Parker asked around and shortly found Lucifer at the café. Without even a word, he clasped his hand onto the god's wrist and dragged him away. Considering Lucifer was getting nowhere with the mysterious gorgeous boy, he let Parker take him away.

"Take us back." Parker ordered while he stretched out his shoulder to see how far the bandaging could stretch. As normal Nick did it perfectly.

"But I just brought you back because you're injured." Cypher stressed the last word. He did not need the mate of his cousin to wind up dead.

"I need to be there."

"Fine." Without any warning Cypher took them back to the battle. It had started to die down. There were many of the pack members resting their tired bodies as only small groups fought what was left of the hunters and rouges. He could see basically everyone from their pack and silently bid a farewell to those who were no longer. But the people he was looking for were missing.

Parker and Cypher scanned the area, one more frantically than the other. Who they wanted to see just wasn't there. Turned out they didn't need to see them to know where they were.

"You two are the same. Two ugly and merciless mutts from hell!" The accusing screams made everyone freeze slightly as they heard either their master or prey. With a nod to each other, Parker and Cypher sped off into the direction of the yells and slurs. They slowed when they reached a small clearing, trying to be as quiet as possible. "Why don't you get rid of the stupid hound, come out of the shadows and face me, you worthless piece of shit!"

Whether Hunter wanted to say anything after that it didn't matter. Cerberus split into three and jumped, tackled, and threw him to the ground. Dusk seemed to settle over the clearing as a pair of gleaming emerald eyes appeared only to vanish to another spot. Hunter kept frantically turning around trying to pinpoint Josh's location, but he couldn't keep up, and having Cerberus there was splitting his nerves like dead-ends.

Cypher motioned for Parker to move to a different position, not giving him details of the plan. Once he was sure that he was a good distance away, Cypher whistled what seemed to be a lullaby. The separated Cerberus sprinted in his direction, tails slightly under them as if they were about to be put in time out. Parker was puzzled because obviously Cerberus would give them an advantage, even if it was only for one man.

I will be getting his spot ready in Hell and oh how much fun this will be. Now, if Josh is out for blood, if he completely disregards the fact that you are here, you need to stop him. He can kill Hunter, but that is it. We do not need his wolf to get out of hand. As you could have probably told by now, his wolf is all happy-go-lucky but would love to torture somebody, rip their limbs off one by one, tear their head off and use their bones as chew toys.

Parker shivered at the specific description Cypher told him, nodding slowly. He now partly feared for his life as he was left alone with his angry mate and Hunter. He stalked over to a big and old tree which had thick branches and plenty of leaves. He climbed up it partly, finding the perfect space to see everything in the clearing and somethings around it.