chapter 1

A/N- that picture above is leaf.

        Sparkstar's POV

I pace infront of the nursery as i hear quiet groans from Cinderheart. As my mate is in pain i cant help but pace. As leader of moonclan I have a right to worry about my clan, let alone my mate!

Sparkstar- "Heatherpaw, Moontail! Is she okay?"

Heatherpaw- walks calmly outside to Sparkstar and dips her head, "She will be okay. It is two healthy kits! One boy and one girl. Now if you'll excuse me I must go back and help Moontail!"

She walks back into the nursery  and disappears behind the moss and leaf curtain covering the entrance. All of the sudden, the noise stops.

My heart pounds so loud im afraid MoonClan could hear it but to my relief moontail steps out and dips her head.

"You may see your kits now, SparkStar," moontail says gently,
"But dont drown them with affection, I can see it in your eyes!" She jokes.

I chuckle as I walk past her towards the nursery. As I enter I nearly yelp of joy to see two kits. they are mewling for Cinderheart"s milk. I nuzzle my mate and begin to groom my kits.

As I lay beside Cinderheart, she starts to cough and wheeze. I immediately get up and pad urgently to Moontail.

"Moontail! Cinderhearts sick!" I growl.

She looks like her darkest secret was just exposed. her ears droop as she quickly bows her head and walks past me to the nursery.

I can hear her shaky breath in the cold air.

Its the beginning of leaf bare and we can tell this season is going to be especially cold.

I decide to get a small shrew out of stress hunger. As I eat it i can hear my kits mewling at the herb smells in the air.

I have to agree with them. Those herbs smell awfully sour.

I walk in the nursery. "How is she?"

Moontail looks at me "She'll be ok."

A wave of anger flows over me. "You should have told me she was sick.."

Three Moons Later

I jump on Skykit as we play in the meadow.

Only two moons intil we become apprentices! Im so excited.

Then we'll be able to hunt, and train and go to gatherings! I wonder what gatherings are like..

"Hey skykit, are you hungry?"

"Not really," He yawns. "Just tired.."

I look at his grey spots. They're turning a little brown bevause we've been rolling around.

I then look to the sky. "Its almost dark!"

"Aw man!" He sighs.

Then we race home.

A/N- this is what skykit looks like-
https://goo.gl/images/Vpmhsm