#PlasticOrPlanet

Floating, that is all the world seems to do now. Living day by day, no worry about the future, history repeats itself, and yet the way we seem to be going there is a possibility of history becoming obsolete. The world as we know it could disappear- I stop writing when I hear people yell. "Jellyfish," they call to the others, the many people begin the go to the edge of the boat.

The jellyfish they speak of, the excitement that fills them, are really only floating bags. Disappointment floods their faces. I look over the side of the boat, as a child I remembered the fish that would jump and the dolphins that would follow along side, and yet now all that I can see is trash.

The year is now 2040 and at one point we had oceans, now all we have are large trash pins. Plastic floats in the water, dark clouds fill the sky, and everywhere we look we see that the people are still living like they were before the plastic, before the obstruction. I feel tears run down my face, this boat was once my fathers I took up a job of marine life veterinarian but my job is obsolete now, I took up blogging to try and rally the people to save the creatures that had led my dreams, from childhood to now I have always been fascinated by the beauty of our world but now I no longer see what I once did, the skies were always growing dark, the oceans were always growing more and more empty but I tried so hard to pretend.

Pretending, thats the problem, we pretend that we are find, pretend that there is no reason to worry.

If i could only go back and tell the people, show the people what the world was coming to, the destruction that has been making its way into our lives. I would do it in a heart beat, but now I know that we will no longer have beauty to look at. The destruction we have done, the simplest of things become important one day.

So I keep writing, I keep warning, no matter how long it takes me I will get the people to listen, I will find a way to fix what we have done. I will do whatever I can to change it, do whatever I can to make it better.

I will see beauty again.