CHAPTER 1

CHARATERS

SNOW DESTINY

Age:16

Looks: Snow white hair that comes down to just above her elbows with bangs, silver eyes, 5"6, natural skinny, and pale.

VIPER KINGZ

Age:17

Looks: Black hair that falls into his eyes, emerald green eyes, 8 pack, 6"4, and tan.

CHAPTER 1: THE WOODS AND A NEW HOME

SNOW'S P.O.V

I was running in the woods. I think i'm somewhere in Alabama. This is a nice place. I think i'll settle down here for awhile. I kept on running trying to find a decent place where I could settle down for a few months. I finally came to this clearing. It had a big tree and a waterfall that went into a lake that at the end turned into a creek. I shifted back to my human form and untied my bag that have what clothes I have, and my sketch book with colored pencils, and money in it. I climbed the tree and what I found was weird. In the middle of the tree, it was a smooth flat surface that i could easily sleep in. I could actually stand up in it. It hid me too. I love it! I jumped out of the tree and went and looked at the lake. What I saw took my breath away. The water was amazing. It was blue and clear like the ocean, but it wasn't salt water. It was so beautiful. I could see some fish swimming in it. I'm in paradise. I went back and got my sketch book and pencils and came and sat on a big rock. I started drawing the amazing veiw and started thinking.

I'm going to have to find a town nearby so I can go to school, buy something to eat, get some new clothes, get a job, and some bath supplies. Then i'm going to have to figure out how long I can stay here. I hope for awhile. After i finished my drawing. I looked at it and it took my breath away. It was beautiful, not as amazing as it is in real life but still awesome none the less. I went and put the drawing up. I guess i'll go into town now and register for school. I left my bag in the tree and shifted. I stood very still and listened past all the noises of nature untill I heard town noises. I took off in that direction. Soon I came to a small town. I shifted back and walked out of the woods. I went to the school first. I register and talked to the secretary there. She was a nice old lady. She told me how they don't usually get new students here in this small town of Jaxville. (A/N: I made up this town!) I told her a quiet town was just what I needed. Next, I went to the store. I got some bath supplies and I bought me a pillow and blanket.

I went to a taco bell nearby and bought 4 tacos, 2 nachos, and 2 drinks. I ate there and then went out looking for a job. I walked by a pet store and stopped. It had a sign that said: Help Wanted: Needs A Dog Washer. I went in and saw this old man that seemed nice. I said,"Hello?" He looked up at me with a warm smile. He said,"Well hello there. You must be new. We don't usually get new folk around here." I nodded and said,"I wanted to apply for a job?" He smiled bigger and said,"Good! I didn't think i'd ever find someone to take the job. It seems people love animals, they just refuse to wash them." I nodded and said,"I know what you mean. I use to have this awesome dog George and I tried to find someone to wash it since I was only 7 and I couldn't ever find anyone to wash him no matter how much I offered for them to do it. So I ended up doing it myself and he was a very big dog." The old man laughed and said,"You just might be a great worker here then. I have another worker here. He's my grandson. Oh, silly me, I forgot to introduce myslef. I'm Gary. And you are?"

I said,"My name is Snow." He smiled and said,"Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Well since I don't like paper work and i'm sure you'll have to worry about it later in school since I know you can't be older than 16, i'm just going to let you wash a dog and see how good you do." I nodded and he took me in the back where a bunch of dogs were. He said,"Go ahead and choose which dog you want to wash." I looked around and then decided on a 2 year old big rottweiler. I said,"Him, the big 2 year old rottweiler." He looked at me in surprise and said,"You sure? That dog is quite big and he's actually very mean. It might be hard to wash him." I looked into the dog's eyes and saw fear. He was just scared. I said in confidence,"I'm very sure." He shrugged and got the dog who tried to bite him. He tied the dog up in the bath tub. He said,"Well his name is Bruise, so here is all the supplies. I'll just watch you as you try to wash him." He sounded dissapointed that I wouldn't be able to do it. I went over there as he sat nearby to observe me.

I untied the dog and let him smell me. He sat down and I gently started singing to him as I started the water and got the tempature right. His tail was wagging as I sang louder to him. I use to do this with George. I got Bruise wet and started washing him. I started washing him and saw a bunch of dead fleas go down the drain. He was wagging his tail the whole time and looked happy. I like this dog. I made sure I washed everything before I rinsed him really good. I then blowed dried him as he tried licking my face. I laughed and brushed him before I got him out of the tub. I looked up at Gary who was looking at me as if I was the greatest thing that walked the earth. He said,"Your hired, you start tomorrow after school which I assume you start tomorrow?" I nodded. He said,"I have a question for you. We've had Bruise here for awhile but nobody seems to like him, but you, you seem to have an instant connection with this dog. How would you like to have him?"

I was so shocked that I only could stare at him. Then I smiled soo big and nodded. It would be nice to have some company. I said,"That would be so generous of you." He shook his head and said,"You seem like a good girl with a talent for animals. You also have a talent for singing. Bruise here needs a good home and a person to love him and I know you'll be that person. And if you don't have a place to keep him, you can keep him here when your at school and work and then take him home after work." I nodded and said,"Thank you. Do you think you could keep him here tonight though? I didn't realize it was already 7 and I have to get home and do some stuff and make some room for Bruise." He nodded and said,"Ok, that'll be fine. Now why don't you get home, you have a big day ahead of you little lady."

I smiled and said,"Thank you for your kindness." He nodded and actually gave me a hug. I smiled and left. I hurried and went to the woods. As soon as I was in the woods, a few tears escaped my eyes. I haven't had anyone hug me like that since I was 3. I wiped away the tears and shifted. I tied my bags to my legs and took off for my temporary home. As soon as I got there, I changed into my new p.j.'s and got my new blanket and pillow and fell into a dreamless sleep hoping that tomorrow will be a good day.