Chapter one

Rachel Crowther had never been a bad kid

Rachel Crowther had never been a bad kid. She had always gotten good grades, never missed a homework assignment, always had good attendance. Her parents loved her, she had plenty of friends, she never went hungry and always had a clean pair of clothes.

So, everyone was surprised when she got sent to the principle's office with a black eye and a bloody nose.

Her mother was furious, and she had every right to be. Wouldn't everyone be mad if they got a call from their child's school, saying that their straight-A-never-got-in-trouble kid needed to be brought home, because she was suspended for punching a kid square in the jaw?

Rachel, however, was pretty proud of herself. She thought that fights like those only happened in movies! Well, it wasn't technically a fight, unless you call a 5'2 fourteen-year-old girl punching a girl that was on the boy's football team (that was probably well over six foot!) because she tripped her, a fight.

She could see how her mother could be mad. Fights aren't really something to be proud of, Rachel knew. And a black eye wasn't that attractive. Unless maybe people would think that the fight she got himself into was with a boy! Not a girl, that, to be honest, scares Rachel so much that she can't really believe that she punched her. God, her reputation is taking a bad turn.

No, not really! Her reputation is fantastic! She has straight A's, never been kicked out of school or suspended once... wait, scratch that last one. But other than that, she's a great kid!

In fact, her mother should be happy that she got into a fight. Would you rather have a kid that has always acted out and got in fights, or have one that just got into her first so-called "fight" at age fourteen? I mean, isn't that something to be thankful for?

So, in conclusion, Rachel's mother should be incredibly happy and not at all mad at her for punching someone. She should be mad at the other half of the fight! 

So, yeah, Rachel Crowther had never really been a bad kid.