Chapter 5

A/N - I had writers block and stuff happened irl but yknow
No ones reading this but Idc lmao

Dan looked at Phil. Phil looked at Dan. The entire conversation that went on was silent, yet each other could read it. Dan nodded. Phil pointed his fingers round the sides of the library.

It then took approximately 3 seconds for Dan to picture the Library's layout, and took off, his feet hardly touching the floor as he flew through the aisles. He looked over, and his heart dropped. Phil on the floor, 3 boys around him. It was a split second decision. He didn't regret it for one second. He ran to the Phil, and punched Will in the back of the head. "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" Dan yelled. He could see that out of the corner of his eyes, Phil had propped himself up on his hand, and smiled at him, blood trickling from his nose. Will was enraged. He threw a punch at Dan, and it collided with his mouth. He could feel it swelling, but he couldn't stop now. He threw another one, only to be stopped by something invisible. "I said...leave him alone." Will was taken aback. By now, students had gathered round to see what the fuss was all about. Dan didn't know who, but someone pulled Phil up, and held him up by his waist. Dan would have to thank them later. Dan waved his wand, and brought down the barrier that separated him from Will. "If you really want, go ahead. Punch me in front of everyone. Humiliate me. But the one thing you can never do...is separate me and Phil. We will always find a way to each other, and I am not alone for the first time in my life. So if you really want, go ahead." Will obliged. Multiple times. Dan couldn't care less. All he could think of was Phil. It carried on like that-Phil, pain. Phil, pain. Dan didn't know how long it was, but someone came to his aide. Dan assumed it was a teacher at first, until he turned his head to match the beautiful voice to the person. Phil, against everyone's advice, had joined him from behind. "Stupefy!" Dan yelled, the blue bolt connecting with Will's chest, sending him flying. Whether he was unconscious or just ashamed, Dan didn't know. Dan secretly hoped that it was the former. He turned round to Phil, pressed his forehead against him and, despite the piercing stares of everyone around them, their lips collided for the second time, which was equally as pleasing.

All he could hear were the cheers from the crowd. He heard the occasional "fags!" And "queer!" But Dan didn't mind. He got to kiss his boyfriend. His soft lips, his smooth skin, his  minty breath. Dan loved everything about this boy. Phil loved everything about Dan. His slightly edgy look, his crafty wandwork, his kisses. Damn, his kisses. His guardian angel. The self conscious, adorable and witty guardian angel whom he originally assumed needed help, who looked lonely. No. It was quite the opposite. Sure Dan didn't have his parents with him, but he walked around and gave off the aura that screamed confidence. Yet..Phil couldn't quite believe that. His guardian angel was no where near confident, but when it came to defending his love, he was adamant.

Later, back in the common room, no one harassed them while they sat, hand in hand, staring intently into each other's eyes. "Lester..I think I'm falling in love." Phil smiled. "You know Howell..I was just about to say the same thing." Phil lunged forward onto Dan, knocking him to his back on the sofa, and began to lie, listening to his chest, their hearts beating almost in sync. He began to sing.
"Birds flying high...you know how I feel.
Sun in the sky...you know how I feel."

Dan continued.
"Reeds, drifting on by...you know how I feel.
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me."

They joined together for the last line.
"And I'm feelingggggg....goood."

"You're one hell of a singer, Lester."
"I might say the same thing, Howell." He said planting a kiss on his forehead before heading up to bed. Dan couldn't stop smiling;he felt on top of the world.

Dan pulled himself up, and went upstairs to find Phil with his top off, about to pull on his pyjamas. Dan wasn't going to carry on watching, until he noticed just how skinny Phil looked . Sure, his clothes looked baggy on him, he just assumed they were too big...but Dan really saw the ribs. Dan sauntered on last too his bed, and began to change. "Hey..Phil. Thanks for saving my ass." Phil was startled. "Me. Saving your ass? You're forgetting who was on the floor til Mr Heroic turned up. I was about to have my ass handed to me. On a plate. With a side of ketchup and broken ribs." Dan smiled at him. "Who picked you up?" Phil thought hard to remember, and replied "I don't really remember. They had blonde tips...that's all I saw. I think they were a Slytherin too." Dan nodded, looking at his watch. "Bloody hell! It's late! I don't care how cute you are, but get in bed!" He walked up to Phil, briefly kissed him on the cheek, and simply said "Goodnight." Before climbing in bed, and drawing the curtains. Whether Dan had dreamt last night or not he didn't know, but what he did know was that it involved Phil, and he liked it. In every way.

A/N - Imma end it before 1000 words. I can't think of what to write, it's just un needed to do 1000. Besides, it wouldn't fit.