Chapter 36: More Family Fun

Zayn was having a lot of fun on vacation, really he was, but the thought of Travis was always in the back of his mind. Zayn suspects that it was seeing his dads so loved up that was making him lonely. He just couldn’t help it. He would see Liam lean over and kiss Louis’ cheek, and Louis would shove him away jokingly before pulling him back in by the collar of Liam’s shirt to mold their mouths together. It was making Zayn’s chest hurt.

Louis had picked up on it too, when he pulled away from Liam’s embrace and saw Zayn turn his head and frown. That had made Louis feel guilty of course. He wanted Zayn to be completely happy on this trip and Louis knew that Zayn wasn’t. It hurt him to know that his son was hurting about something. Louis wished there was something he could do, but in all honestly, flying Travis out to Hawaii just wasn’t an option. Louis wishes it was though.

~*~

It was around ten at night when Louis found Zayn sitting on the balcony, smoking a cigarette. Louis had just gotten the younger two to bed, and because he knew two of his sons were happy and content, he had to make sure all of his children were. He walked over to the sliding door of the balcony and knocked gently. Zayn turned around in confusion but smiled when he saw who it was. Louis motioned to the handle of the door and Zayn nodded. Louis stepped outside, going to sit in the chair next to Zayn’s.

“A little cold out here, yeah?” Louis asked as he pulled the sleeves of Liam’s sweater over his hands. Zayn shrugged and dubbed out his cigarette.

“I like it.” Zayn replied. Louis sighed, lifting his legs up to his chest and wrapping his arms around them.

“You’re not happy.” Louis said quickly. Zayn’s eyes widened and he suddenly became very interested in his sweatpants.

“That’s not true.” Zayn mumbled.

“You’re not completely happy.” Louis rephrased.

“That’s not true either.” Zayn argued.

“You miss Travis.” Louis pointed out. Zayn sighed.

“Okay, that is true.” Zayn said.

“Look, I know it sucks without him here and I know it sucks even more that Liam and I are so loved up. But you have to know that if we could, we would fly Travis out here in a second.” Louis said sincerely. Zayn let his face fall into his hands and he rubbed it tiredly.

“I know, Louis, I know. I’m being ridiculous.” Zayn whined. Louis leaned over and patted Zayn’s leg.

“You’re not. I just don’t want you having a bad vacation.” Louis responded. Zayn lifted his head from his hands.

“I’m having a great time. So I’m a little down every now and then, but that doesn’t make this vacation any less enjoyable. Thank you so much for this.” Zayn said, standing up and pressing a kiss to Louis’ forehead.

“I’m going to bed. Goodnight, love you.” Zayn said quietly before walking back inside. Louis heard the door close and he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“Love you too.” Louis mumbled to himself. Louis exhaled loudly before standing up and going inside himself. Louis took to turning off all the lights in the suite and going down to his and Liam’s bedroom. When Louis opened the door he was confused when he didn’t see Liam laying in their bed.

“Babe?” Louis called out.

“Bathroom!” Liam responded. Louis walked over to the en-suite and opened the door. He expected to find Liam in the shower and was surprised when that wasn’t the case. No, Liam was in the large bathtub that was filled with bubbles. There was a bottle on the side of the Jacuzzi along with two glasses. Liam smirked at Louis who, in return, raised his eyebrows questioningly.