Sire to the rescue! Kind of...

What in the world was Breakdown thinking?! Bringing their 2 day old sparkling into the middle of a WARZONE??!

Okay, he couldn't just leave Cascade alone on the ship. That was too risky. But still!

Knockout just wanted to scream right now. He was pinned behind a boulder with Autobots firing constantly at him. He already got grazed by a shot and his right arm was slick with energon.

"Breakdown please hurry..." he silently pleaded, peeking around the boulder cautiously.

Suddenly, he heard a loud crash and a grunt. He peeked around again and saw Breakdown skid across the ground towards him.

"Breakdown! Are you alright?" Knockout asked, frantically checking him over.

Breakdown panted, dragging his left leg behind him as he walked up to Knockout. "I'm.... fine.. just take... Cascade.." he mumbled, handing the shivering bundle over to Knockout.

Knockout held Cascade close to his chest, gently rubbing his back to calm him down. "What happened to your leg!"

"I got clipped when I was running over here..." Breakdown paused, gritting his denta in pain. "I... I can't run..."

Knockout glanced at Cascade, who had begun to cry, and then Breakdown. He frowned, a look of determination on his face. "We are getting out of here in one piece. We will defend our sparkling at all costs and go out fighting!"

"That sounds real inspirational at a bad moment like this." Breakdown chuckled, leaning against the boulder heavily. "But I'm going to be the one fighting. You need to get out of here with our sparkling..."

"B-But Breakdown! I'm not losing you again!" Knockout started to tear up, clutching Cascade close to his chest.

Breakdown forced himself to smile so that it would reassure Knockout. "I know, I promise I'll be okay." He bent down and kissed Knockout on the forehead. He then kissed Cascade's helm and stood back up. "Now go, I'll cover you."

Knockout sniffed, holding Cascade tightly and nodding. He darted out from behind the boulder, immediately coming under fire. Breakdown leapt out, despite the excruciating pain in his leg, and covered him as he escaped.

Soon, he was overrun and forced to retreat behind the boulder again. He pressed his back against the boulder and took a quick breather. "I have to get out of here alive." He thought, hearing the Autobots shout things.

He sighed, coming to a decision that could cost him his life. He was going to surrender to them, hoping that they wouldn't shoot him as soon as he stepped out from behind that boulder. He took in a deep breath, holding up his hands and slowly walking out from behind the boulder.

*bang*

The sound of a gunshot went off as he stepped around the boulder. The shot caught him in the shoulder, sending him to the floor.

The smoking gun was in the hands of Smokescreen, who stared with wide optics.

Breakdown's vision wavered as he sat up, energon leaking down his shoulder and chest. He breathed heavily, each raspy breath entering and exiting his intake. He slowly stood up, hunching over and clutching his shoulder.

He refused to give in, he refused to give up. He held his hands high, energon dripping down his armor and pooling on the ground. "I... surrender... just.. let me.. go.." he growled, gritting his denta.

Optimus appeared from behind a different boulder, pushing Smokescreen's gun down and looking at Breakdown. "You surrender with dignity. I will allow you to leave, for your family's sake."

Breakdown sighed in relief, nodding to Optimus before slowly limping away to where Knockout was hiding with their sparkling.

-Forest-

Knockout tried to keep Cascade quiet, but he wouldn't stop crying. He stayed put in the forest, waiting for his sparkmate to return. He had to return, he just had to.

He heard pedesteps and froze, covering Cascade with his hands. "Breakdown..?" He cautiously said softly, poking his head out of a bush.

"It's me, darling.." Breakdown's rough voice answered, somewhat relieving Knockout.

Knockout stood up and was horrified by what happened to Breakdown. "What did they do to your poor shoulder?!" He gasped, rushing over to him and examining the wound.

Cascade whimpered and tried to reach for Breakdown, but Breakdown just gave him his finger to chew on quietly.

"That young Autobot shot me when I was trying to surrender. I had to surrender in order to get out of there alive, the Prime allowed me to leave without any more violence."

"Thank his spark, if I wasn't a Decepticon I would hug him. Come on, I'll call for a groundbridge." Knockout sighed, pressing a few buttons to call in a groundbridge.

They weren't prepared for the fury they were about to face back on the Nemesis.

You know what I just realized? I named Breakdown and Knockout's sparkling after dishwasher detergent 😂😂 I'm just saying I didn't mean to! I thought it was a cool name! Omg I'm so dumb lol