My Life

My Life

Rosella:
I stare out the window. I let out a sigh without meaning to. 'Cole only left a while ago and look at me now. I've become a vampire's bride' I note. I'm going to marry William. William Valentine. Rosella Mason Valentine. Rosella Valentine. Mrs. Valentine. Valentine. He's so tall, regal, confident, and strong. Part of me wants to show him off to show him off back in the village, but there are few people I would like him to meet. Like the baker lady, the pastor, and the innkeeper's family down the street. Showing him off to anyone else would be out of spite. Having him to myself, standing next to me now, is enough for me. William looks down at me, and I glance away. I pout a little. Hopefully, it will work in my favor. I can still feel him looking down at me. I don't feel myself winning this silent argument.
"Are you going to tell her?" I ask him. His eyebrow twitched a little.
"I thought maybe you could," he suggests. My heart pounds heavily. My eyes flicker up to him, and he gives a sheepish grin, "You know how she is," he explains his reasoning, and I do understand him.
"Do you think she'll make a fuss?" I wonder.
"Most definitely," Willian admits.
I raise my hand and tap lightly on the door to Violet's room. No one answers. This time, William taps at the door, and there is still no answer.
"She must be downstairs?" William guesses. We head down to the living room and then the great room. Out of further curiosity, we even check the garden. William inhales deeply, and then leads me back to the great room. The sound of laughter floods out of his office. William's eyebrow twitches some more. William barges into his office where Violet sits at his desk. She sips on a cup with Ruby and Anna. The continue laughing, Ruby and Anna notice us, but Violet chooses to naturally ignore William.
"What is this?" William demands to know.
"I was enjoying a drink, and I thought we agreed we were treating the humans better," Violet shoots back.
"Why are you sitting in my chair?" William demands to know, ignoring her explanation. Apparently, he doesn't care that Ruby and Anna, two humans, are in his office. His own sister sitting in his chair at his desk is the most irritating. I stifle a giggle, giddiness and unease make my heart race.
"Because I can," Violet states bluntly. William glares at his sister.
"Did you need to talk to me about something?" Violet asks.
"Yes, in private please," he snaps at her. Ruby and Anna promptly crusty when Violet holds her hand up for them to wait.
"What's so important you need to talk about in private?" Violet demands right back, "We were having a nice time in here," she adds, sounding a little irritated herself. They both stare each other down. Violet's eyes could turn a man to stone, or reduce him to ashes. Violet isn't letting it go, though. Violet peers around William, finally noticing me. She looks back to William, sighs, and shuts her eyes momentarily. Violet's eyes snap open burning red making William flinch a little.
"Well?" She demands to know. William laughs a little, nervously he shyly looks away. He puts his arm around me and pulls me close.
"Rosella has accepted my betrothment offer. Rosella and I are now betrothed to each other," William boldly declares to. Teacups clatter against plates and wobble, nearly dropped, and their faces redden like the morning sunrise.
"Is this- this is real?" Anna is the first to speak. Violet is still frozen.
"I've decided to stay here, and marry William," I state. I take William's arm and just hold onto him. 'Would you be proud mother-' I start to think. I abandon the thought. 'I am no longer Rose's daughter; this is my story' I declare mentally. I glance up at William as he talks to Violet. She's stunned that he proposed so soon. This is my story. To be the bride of a vampire that cherishes, protects, and loves me. My stomach flips lightly as the butterfly's flutter and float about. Oh, what marvelous excitement! I am to be a bride. Even more, thrilling is I am marrying not for an arrangement, but for something real.
"You actually proposed to her," she gasps at him, "You actually did it," she snaps, averting her eyes.
"Why so snippy, did you lose a bet or something?" William laughs at her, and Violet simply purses her lips in response.
"You did, you have no confidence in me do you?" William shoots back at her, and Violet flashes William an apologetic smile. She's actually shocked. Violets green eyes flicker to me, and she flashes over to me in a burst of vampiric speed. She lifts my left hand up to the lift to look at. Her green eyes focus into a bright red as she observes the ring, a small smile forms a look of nostalgia.
"It's beautiful William," she starts to gush over him, "my baby brother is getting married!" And she embraces her brother, much to his annoyance.
"Well then, Rosella and I have much to discuss," Violet decides, and proceeds to drag me off towards the stairs. Before I realize it, she's dragged me off to her personal sitting room. Violet sits next to me and immediately rushed into writing down plans. She makes plans, crosses out plans, rewrites new ones, crosses them out, and repeat some more. I don't need a fancy wedding, but then again this is a royal family. I frown at myself, recalling old childhood dreams. To be a noble, a princess, and to be elegant with giant parties. I shake my head at myself. Whoever said children couldn't live their dreams in reality? It's all falling into place so perfectly.
"Is any of this necessary?" I question her.
"No, but it's fun," she justifies her obsessive planning.
"You'll thank me later," Violet adds with a giggle. Violet shows me several dresses, and those several are all beautiful as well as very traditional. I'll need a wedding dress, as well as a celebratory dress for the ball we have to hold now to announce the engagement.
"I didn't know you were so traditional," I admit quietly.
"Traditional values is what my parents raised me on. They lived such a long time so my values may be a little old for what you call traditional now," Violet admits brightly as she continues showing me old paintings of some dress designs.
"Is this is necessary?" I mutter under my breath.