[F O U R T Y - F O U R]

x-x-x

A father passes his son's bedroom and is astonished to see the bed was neatly made and everything picked up off the floor. He then sees an envelope, propped up on his pillow. It was addressed 'Dad.' Assuming the worst, he opened the envelope with trembling hands.

Dear Dad,

It is with a great regreat and sorrow that I'm writing to you. I had to enlope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with you and mom.

I've been finding a real passion with Stacy. She's so nice, but I know you won't approve of her because of her piercings, tattoos, her tight motorcycle clothes, and because she's so much older than me.

But, it's not just the passion, Dad. She's pregnant. Stay said that we'll be very happy. She owns a trailer out in the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.

Stay has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it ourselves and trading it with the other people in the commune for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.

In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so that Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!

Don't worry Dad, I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself. Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love,

Your son, Joshua.

P.s.

Dad none of stuff above is true. I'm over at Jason's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the school report that's on the kitchen table. Call when it's safe to come home!!!

x-x-x