Epilogue

After months of debating and world-wide controversy, OMAR BASHIR was deported back to his homeland of Iran, where the punishment for his crimes was hanging. He pleaded against it, but the Iranian government refused to hear his argument.

THE MASTER was never found, although OMAR and others arrested insisted that this was the man responsible for the brainwashing of British soldier WAYNE MASON.

MARY and TERRY MASON were never found, but the investigation into their disappearance ended only after a few weeks. Police have decided to keep information confidential, out of “respect for the relatives”, although it is rumoured that their only living blood relation is the father, WAYNE MASON.

DETECTIVE GORY retired at 61, and was rewarded for his efforts in the detainment of OMAR BASHIR with a knighting from Queen Elizabeth, which DETECTIVE MICHAELS turned down, due to unknown circumstances.

TIMOTHY WHITE was one of the many survivors of the 2009 massacre, and hasn’t been seen in public since going into hiding. He is said to be starting “a fresh life” with his wife and two sons.

SERGEANT JONATHAN CRAWLEY was reported missing the day that WAYNE MASON disappeared, but there is no evidence to suggest that the two disappearances are in any way involved with each other.

PROFESSOR GEOFFREY BRIDGE was detained in late 2012, after recordings from the asylum’s secret cameras revealed him to have played some sort of role in WAYNE MASON’s ordeal. No charges have yet been placed due to lack of additional evidence.

EVERYONE INVOLVED IN OPERATION BLACKOUT was remembered in a special military memorial, which has been made an annual event to show respect for all of the troops who died both during the operation and afterwards at DMB.

Information into the whereabouts of WAYNE MASON is scarce, although various rumours from certain sources suggest that the man had taken on an “alternate persona” while within the asylum – in result to the brainwashing – and that he’d been living out an entirely different sequence of events in his head. In the recordings, he talks of “killing the walking dead” – oddly named “Lurkers” – which is something that police thought was best to disregard as irrelevant information. But researchers were quick to argue against, stating that WAYNE had been brainwashed to see his victims as zombies. The Prime Minister, Gareth Dark, had this to say: “Wayne Mason was a hero, regardless of what the public may think. His only goal, even while living out his dark fantasies was to protect. When he massacred all of the soldiers at Dartmoor Military Base, he saw all of his friends as... well, zombies. But what are zombies? Zombies are mindless, hollow beings... who have become hollow through mankind’s wrongdoing, and from what they’ve seen. In many ways, Wayne was making a statement – consciously or not.”

TWO MONTHS after the speech was broadcasted, GARETH DARK was assassinated while visiting family in Ireland.

WAYNE MASON is still on the run, but where will his journey takes him? Nobody knows.