Fifteen

The moment our lips touched, tingles shot through my body. Butterflies fluttered on my stomach as his arms encased my waist pulling me closer. My hands instinctively shot to him as I kissed him back. A deep need burst from within me as I tried to pull him closer. A soft groan burst from inside the back of his throat as my heart raced. My skin soared whenever he was touching me.

Then, like if someone had turned on a switch within me, I remembered being kissed like this before.

At Sean's party. When I got drunk. The thoughts started to scramble on my mind as I pulled apart still breathing heavily.

My hand reached out for my swollen lips, "you kissed me." You were the guy that had been with me at Sean's party. The one I came on to and the one that had gotten me home safe and sound. It was never Tom. It was Nathan.

His eyes were a shade darker and I could see that he was as breathless as me. A flash of pain passed through his eyes before he took a step back. "I'm sorry" his voice was raspy.

"What?" I threw a confused look at him.

What the hell was he talking about?

Without answering me, he walked away shoving his hands on his jeans pocket.

Why was he sorry for?

For kissing me?

For being an idiot?

For not ever telling me that we kissed before?

Or was it that I was too screwed up for him? Because I couldn't deny that one.

I was definitely a cause for the nutcase. Swallowing hard, I walked to my room as flashes of that night popped in my head.

It happened on spring break.

Going to parties had been a must over the holidays. Drinking wasn't such a big thing for me but Tom and Marissa had been teasing me for being such a prude and I kind of wanted to shut them up, so I drank. A lot. By the end of the night, I was a mess.

I remember trying to get away from everyone because I didn't feel euphoric like most peers did. I walked outside to the darkest part of the terrace, where no one could see me.

No, the alcohol made every locked feeling much more intense. And I felt like crap.

The tears appeared and for once, I didn't try to stop them.

In the midst of it all, someone found me. I just didn't want to feel sad anymore, so I kissed him. Like there was no tomorrow. And he kissed me back and I tried to take off his t-shirt but he stopped me because I was crying. He had held me and then he'd taken me home. And I always thought it was Tom. I kind of respected him because he wasn't such an asshole that night. He never mentioned it, so I did the same.