CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

chapter twenty-six

chapter twenty-six.
i love you, goodbye

CAMILLE TRIED HER best to calm down Hope who wailed in the back of the car, not used to the speed that Esme performed within the car that led them away from the safe house. She feared that they had been found, explaining the explosion that had taken off in the middle of nowhere. Esme panicked, she was panicking as she tried her best to think quick on her feet with the knowing of being found when they had been hiding for so long. Camille was worried about Elijah, questioning if he had survived the explosion that had left the house in smithereens, where all of their belongings had burned just the same as the walls making the house.

Esme had made sure that they were heading in the direction to New Orleans, hoping that on the way there she'd find a payphone where she'd be able to contact Klaus and enlighten him with what had happened. Camille continued to try and reassure the baby who continuously cried, hungry and overwhelmed with what was going on around her as Esme's eyes fell onto the street lights that hung over a tiny store and a payphone that played to her advantage. Her foot hit the break, to make the car run into a smooth stop before her attention flickered towards Camille.

The blonde was far more panicked than Esme, given that her days before she had met the world of the supernatural were far normal but running from an explosion was something that seemed normal for the Browne. "I'll get Hope, Cami." The O'Connell had pulled herself out of the vehicle as Esme used her vampire speed towards the baby who had screeched louder, wanting to be freed out for the carseat to rest within Esme's arms. "It's okay, Hope. It's okay. We're going to call your dad, okay?" Esme cradled the baby girl within her arms as she looked over at Camille who's coins had slipped through her hands from the nerves that ran over her body.

Esme heard Camille curse beneath her breath with her own irritation before her ears perked at the rustling coming from afraid, a can rolling along the ground as the three of them cluttered together. "Whoever's out there, I recommend not to think about attacking a pregnant woman, especially one as short tempered as I and who will, I promise will gouge out your eyes!" She threatened, she knew that she was the best chance of protection that the three of them were going to get.

"Actually, Esme," The Browne quickly turned on her heels of her boots, sighing in relief at the sight of the Original covered in smudges of soot. "it's probably not necessary."

Camille had just been as relieved as Esme with the sight of Elijah who quickly approached them both, knowing that returning home may be the best option for them all. "What the hell happened back there?" Camille questioned.

"That's a discussion for the car." Elijah told causing Esme to quickly hurry to the vehicle as Hope let out another cry. "Let's move."