The Witches' Princess

By: Rachel Lynch

.: Okay, so I've recently finished The Pendent and so what do I do? I start another story that's what I do, even though I have like 5 others!! :) Well, I just want to give a special shout out to all of you guys that may or may not have suffered trauma from reading The Pendent, I even have to admit that it is rough. But enough about that I'll let you guys read now! Thanks!:.

Introduction

Being blind wouldn't be that bad. At least you wouldn't have to see evil in the world. Being deaf wouldn't be that bad either. The cruel, hurtful words would just zip past your head without you knowing that they even existed. Death, on the other hand, may or may not be bad. Just depends on how you die.

Chapter One

Here We Go!

Beep, beep, beep! "Urgh," I groaned as I reach across the empty space towards my annoying alarm clock. I put my hand down with a forceful band, right on top of it. Why could it be summer? Pictures of my frightful summer zipped through my head like an angry tornado. Ahh! Just a little early to be thinking right now.

Today is my first wonderful day as a freshman at the glorious Franklin J. High School! Ya, too bad that school was for rich losers and geeks alike! When I asked my mom why she was forcing me to go there all she said was and I quote, "It will build your confidence!" Ya, whatever you say mother! Still, I suppose I should get up and get dressed...

"Nadia! Wake up or you'll be late for school!" yelled my mother from downstairs. Crap! I bolted straight out of bed just to see that I still had forty minutes left till I had to leave. I had to hand it to my mom, she knew how to get me up! I slipped on my awesome Perry the Platypus slippers ( Yes I am a Phineas and Ferb fan, sue me) and went to go jump into the shower. When I walked by my walk-in closet I had a weird feeling that someone was watching me. I stood there thinking about running when I heard a dainty little "meow and out popped Hershey, my cat.

"Hey there pretty. You scared the poop out of me!" I cooed to my cat as I bent down and scratched his head. As I got up I swear I saw a shadow dart inside my closet. "Huh, oh well," I thought as I walked away.

"Nadia, if you're not down here in two minutes, I swear I'll leave you!" threatened mom from downstairs.

"I'll be down there in just a sec. Sheesh, just hold your horses!" I yelled back. I grabbed my bad from my desk and sprinted downstairs

"There you are," said mom.

"Here I am," I said sarcastically as I jumped into the passenger. Mom sighed and went to get into the driver's seat.

"I don't see why you're making a big deal out of this Nadia," she said while turning the key in the ignition.

"I don't see why you're making a big deal of me making a big deal Lucinda," I've started to call my mom by her first name because it makes her mad and right now she deserves to be punished.

"Because you should be happy, you finally get out of the house and you get to talk to real people!"

"So now you're saying that I'm not sociable? And f.y.i. I did talk to people other than you and dad."

"You're tutor doesn't count."

"Urgh, you are so not getting the point! Why can't just let me be homeschooled? It would make me way smarter than being in a class of 50 people!"

"This isn't about making you smarter!" Mom said while getting a tighter hold onto the steering wheel.

"Oh, it's because I'm not sociable then. Well, I couldn't care less about that to tell you the truth."