Chapter I - I Officially Hate The Color White

Start from the beginning

The man shut the door behind him and walked closer. I jumped to my feet, "Don't come any closer!" I shouted, balling my hands into fists as if I was going to actually hit him. My voice sounded borderline desperate, and my eyes probably gave away a crazed look. "Don't come any closer." I said again, this time slowly and emphasizing every word. "If you even touch me I'll. . .I'll-" My threat cut off as I wondered what I would do? Nothing. So I didn't even continue, I just kept backing away, putting more and more distance between me and the stranger.

"Calm down." The man finally uttered in a rough Irish accent. He put his hands up as if he was surrendering, "I'm not here to hurt you." I finally noticed he had a clipboard in his hand. I gulped and backed up a bit more.

"Famous last words." I muttered under my breath. No way was he here to take notes on his little clipboard. He was probably going to beat me to submission with it and rape me. I wasn't stupid . . . even though a clipboard wasn't really the best weapon in my opinion to hurt someone with, I didn't trust this man for a second.

The balding man stopped moving closer to my relief and again with more soothing words he said, "Really, you're fine. I don't want to hurt you. I just want to ask a few questions, and I'm pretty sure you're dying to ask some questions too." 

He looked down at his clipboard and flipped through some sheets of crisp white paper. I looked around him towards the door. Maybe I could escape. I thought of how well I could run,open the door, and get out of whatever this place was without getting captured. My chances were slim to none. But I had to try. . .right?

"Hello? Are you listening?" The man asked waving his clipboard at me. I came out of my thoughts and said the most intelligent thing I could think of.

"What?"

"I said," The man started, beginning to sound irritated, "Are you Avery Morgans?" His eyebrows raised as he looked at me expectantly.

He knows my name. . .He knows my name? How in the hell does he know my name!? I couldn't speak, this guy was some type of stalker. He had to be.

The man's shoulder's slouched and he pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing deeply. "How come I always get the difficult ones?" He asked himself. He looked back up at me, "Are you or are you not, Avery Morgans?" He asked tapping his clipboard with his finger.

Did I really want to tick this guy off? The answer was no. But my words were still lodged in my throat so I just nodded my head. 

"Great." He said with absolutely no enthusiasm in his voice, he didn't make it sound like it was so great. I eased up a small bit. So far this guy was acting more like a reporter or some doctor rather than a rapist.

"Who are you?" I finally managed to squeak out. 

He looked up at me surprised that I had spoken. "Oh good so you're not a mute." He smiled like it was funny, but nothing was funny. This whole situation could be described as "Not Funny." 

"Who are you?" I asked with more confidence. I wasn't going to keep answering this guys questions if he didn't give me some facts.

"I'm Landon. Landon Hayes." He looked as if was going to attempt to walk closer and shake my hand, but I plastered my back against the chilly wall, and he recoiled his arm back slowly. "Okaaay. . Well then. Do you know where you are?"

Why was he asking me these questions? Who was he working for? How in the hell should I know where I am? I had so many questions and my head began to throb softly.

"Where am I?" I asked, panic racing through my whole body.

"So I'll take that as a no," Landon said making a note on the paper. For some reason I wanted to strangle the living daylights out of this man. Trying to get a straight answer from this guy was impossible. I felt so repetitive.

"Where am I?"  I asked again. "Please just tell me," I begged. I really didn't want to beg, but I was becoming desperate for answers. I couldn't stand the waiting.

"Administration," He said it like it should mean something to me. Like it was obvious and I was just really stupid.

"Administration for what?" I asked warily. Did I really want to know? I didn't have to think too hard about that. Of course I did.

"Administration for. . .for Heaven," He stated staring me straight in the eyes. His piercing blue eyes held my gaze as I shook my head,

"Heaven?" I shook my head some more. "No, no this a sick prank. This is a dream. No . . ." I was shaking my head so hard now I swear something might fall out. The dryness in my throat was becoming unbearable, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Landon walked closer but I didn't even care anymore. I just stood there trying to process all this bullshit. Or was it? 

Landon stood hovering over me now and he nodded his head even though I was still shaking my head vigorously. His voice took on a comforting tone, "Avery. . .you're dead." His eyes cast down to the floor, and then he whispered, "I'm sorry."

 ________________________________________________

A/N - This is my first attempt at finishing a story, and I honestly want to know how it is. Don't hold back from hurting my "little" feelings. All constructive criticism is noted and will be taken into consideration for the next chapter. :]

Also I am proud to say I am a "Grammar Nazi" and if words are not spelled right, I will freak. I have probably looked over this chapter with my bare eyes AND spell check a MILLION times. If ANY thing is spelled wrong please notify me, because correct spelling is my biggest pet peeve and it will be greatly appreciated. <3

Also I'd like to dedicate this first chapter to the wonderful @CallMeAmy because ummm. . .she's awesome. Enough said. And I dedicate the prologue to the wonderful @iAshie for making my book cover for me. Thanks :3

~Leana