Chapter 7 - Robbery

I'm officially hooked on writing this. Hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. 

Vote, Comment and Enjoy! 

____________________________________________

Chapter 7 – Robbery

            Riding in an invisible hover craft through the ocean wasn’t exactly something Gene was excited about. She found herself nervously sitting at the edge ready to puke. Somehow every ounce of adrenaline in her was pounding through her chest making her heart go miles per minutes.

            The ocean fiercely roared as the hovercraft pushed through the torrent. Gene stared at the blue water as her stomach did several flips. The water was beautiful and the city lights in the distance gained her approval. Still, her nerves were getting the best of her. She was terrified of what might happen next.

            An individual would think that being next to your crush would make you feel slightly better. Gene felt entirely worse being that Angela was sitting close by staring her down. It wasn’t fair to her, the fact that Angela disliked her for no apparent reason. She decided to grab the situation at the balls. She wasn’t going to be the cause of a failed mission, and she had a feeling that Angela’s snobby attitude would get in the way of them saving the day.

            She couldn’t allow that to happen.

            “Angela, don’t you think we should put everything aside… At least to handle business.” Gene said bluntly.

            Everyone in the vehicle turned, watching Gene closely. It was a big surprise to them, no one ever approached Angela. Ever.

            “Excuse me?” Angela laughed. “What exactly is there to put aside? You’re nonexistent  to me.”

            “Angela, we have business to handle. I don’t want us to fail during this mission because you’re being stubborn. I know you don’t like me, that’s fine. I don’t like you either, but can we put that aside to handle our job?” Gene replied. “Which is handling this robbery with full affect.”

            Angela laughed yet again. “Look, I’ve been here longer than you. I’m not going to ruin a mission because of someone as dimwitted as you.  Stay out of my way and I’ll stay out of yours. Mission accomplished.” 

            “I’m not dimwitted.” Gene said through gritted teeth. “And I’m getting pretty sick of the disrespect from you.”

            “Guys quit it!” Mayra shouted. “Can we just focus on the mission! Please!”

            Gene shrugged. “Fine, if she wants to be hard headed then let her. I’m done trying.”

            “Glad you’re done being pathetic.”

            “Whatever Angela.” Gene replied. “Just stay out of my way.”

            The hovercraft came to an abrupt halt only to signal that they have reached their destination. Gene was the first to hop out of the vehicle and land in the mist of the busy city known as Manhattan. She didn’t even notice the people passing her quickly and the level of speed they walked in. She was too upset and tired of Angela’s stubborn behavior.

            Blaze approached, obviously noticing her anger. “Hey, you okay?”

            “Yeah just peachy.” Gene replied bitterly.