Preface

This is a SAMPLE only.

MAY 2022 UPDATE: Go read "Lucy", a spinoff of the Masked SheWolf trilogy, now updating on Wattpad, and its "Behind the Scenes" companion book that includes character profiles and a complete recap of the trilogy, as told by the characters in interview format.

***

I shouldn't be complaining. Generally speaking, I have a pretty awesome life; great friends, a supportive family, a grade-A boyfriend, and a lifelong dream which I am finally getting the chance to follow.

But with everything that's happened recently, I want to dig a hole where no one and nothing can find me, just so I can get a bit of uninterrupted sleep. I haven't slept in a while.

If I really think about it, I know that I brought it all on myself. I was the one who's been begging to go to college her entire life, even though being the first female werewolf to be born in centuries kind of puts a huge damper on that plan.

But then I had to add to my plate by sniffing around long buried secrets which are now more heavily guarded than the most precious cargo in the world. Who wouldn't be intrigued? I mean, I just found out that I'm not the only one in the world, and you want me to leave that alone? Where the hell have you been for the past two books? It's like you don't know me at all!

The worst part though, is what I should have been paying the most attention to. I really didn't notice anything was wrong until we started fighting. Tell me honestly, with classes taking up half my time and college life taking up the other half, can you really blame me for forgetting to take care of my love life?

Really? You do? That's harsh.

Okay, fine, I could have done some things differently. Relationships are not all roses and sunshine. I've known that from the start. You have to work hard if you want them to last, especially if it's long distance. I guess I got so caught up in everything that I lost sight of some things that matter more. I wish I could take it all back, but I'm only human, after all. Or... you know what I mean.