8.

Colour me red (#2)
Aaron (#3

Chapter 8.

I made my way back to the apartment buildings snuggled in a shirt ten times too big and smelling of Xavier.

However, I couldn't deny the fact that I was warming up, and it was extremely comfortable. Is it weird that I felt so safe and protected? It was like I was physically wrapped up in Xavier's arms, and I knew, nobody could get to me when Xavier was near, even if he didn't like me, I knew he'd atleast do something to protect me, right?

As soon as I entered the building and my feet stepped foot on to the plush dark carpet, Katie came out of nowhere to pounce on me as soon as my body was inside.

"You're coming to the party tonight," she demanded without even a hint of a greeting.

"There's school tomorrow, no I'm not," I replied. I couldn't keep missing days, I was going to fail otherwise.

"I'm telling you now, you have to!" She groaned loudly. "It's exclusive, come on this is very important to me," she whined. I huffed.

"I can't miss another day of school,"

"Then don't, just don't drink too much tonight and I promise we'll be out of there by 1 am, your classes don't start until 10 tomorrow," she persuaded. I sighed again in defeat.

"Fine," I let out. "I'm going to get changed," I said as I began to walk away.

"Wait!" She shouted as she held up her hand. I turned around to look at her.

"What?" I replied, puzzled.

"Who's shirt is that?" I looked down to Xavier's shirt and flickered my eyes back up to Katie's.

"I'll tell you later," she shrugged without another word and proceeded to make her way back to her room.

I then proceeded to walk back to mine. I paused when I came across Xavier's door opposite and looked to the wooden oak separating us.

I wanted to speak to him, to ask him why he did the things he did. Why he gave me his shirt when it wasn't in his blood to do so, or was that just extremely judgemental of me?

I turned around and opened my door. As soon as I was inside my room, I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Did I want to go out tonight? I did, but then I wanted to stay indoors and watch a few movies on my own.

But I knew I couldn't, I had to go now, Katie wouldn't let me even think about changing my mind.

As soon as I was done in the shower, I put on a knee length black dress. I wore black dresses most of the time because the colour flattered my figure in ways that other colours could not.

I did my hair in less than 5 minutes, and soon I was finished. I couldn't really be arsed for anything tonight, so I didn't take much time to get ready.

I slumped down on to the sofa with a huff and a groan, and as soon as I did so, the door shook slightly with a knock. I got up from the sofa with another groan.

"What?" I said as I opened the door. Xavier was standing there in all his glory but I didn't really want to speak to him tonight. "What are you doing here?" I asked again as Xavier opened his mouth to speak.

"I...uh...came here to say-"

"Can we make this quick? I'm going out soon, Xavier, and Katie will kill me if I'm late," Xavier gave a brisk nod and his eyes clouded over.