Teaching Trouble

∞∞∞∞∞A/N∞∞∞∞∞

Please read and comment, vote, and fan me if you like it!!! <3 ;)

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Everyone has someone in their lives, their rock. For me, that person is none other than my seventeen-year-old little brother Gabriel. People often say that we look really similar, like twins even, with our toffee brown hair, hazel eyes, and tan skin.

Everyone has somewhere to call either their home or their sanctuary. In my case, I have both located in the same building just off of the beach. The first floor is called the Seascape Cafe, a rather large cafe with a stunning view of the ocean and the home of the finest coffee in Crestwood, while the second floor is where we live.

It's the cafe that Gabe and my parents left us when they died last year. Fortunately, I was eighteen at that time and was able to receive full custody of Gabe. Unfortunately, that meant I needed to work full-time at Seascape Cafe and couldn't attend college, but I don't regret my decision at all. If I had done things any differently, Social Services would have take Gabe away from me and put him into foster care. 

"Gabe, if you're not down here in five seconds, I'm going to make you walk to your first day of school!" I call up to him, untying my steal blue apron and taking my long hair out of its messy bun. It ripples down my back and I begin running my fingers through it ferociously, a failed attempt at trying to remove the tangles so to appear somewhat decent. 

I glance at the stairs behind the counter as Gabe trudges down them, dressed in a pair of multi-color checkered board shorts, a teal t-shirt, and a pair of brown flip flops. "No way am I walking ten miles to school, sis," he says, grabbing his backpack from off of the ground. 

Noticing how his damp hair is limp and sticking to the sides of his face, I take my hand and mess it up, giving it volume. Gabe groans but doesn't alter it and heads off towards my chipped aqua Toyota. I don't have enough money to buy Gabe his own car, so he's stuck with my baby. I've had her for four years, ever since my sixteenth birthday and she still runs smoothly. 

I slide into the drivers seat, buckle up, and put the car into drive, heading off towards Crestwood High. This is my first year not having to attend this place and for that I am thankful. A few minutes later I pull into the school parking lot, turning off the ignition, and getting out of the car. 

Gabe looks at me puzzled."Why are you getting out?"

I chuckle at his somewhat nervous tone. "Trust me, if I didn't have a pivotal cause, I would never step inside this place again. I'm actually here to talk to Principle Truman so don't mind me. Have a good first day as a junior!"

I make my way through the masses of hormonal teenagers. Well, technically nineteen is still considered as being a teenager, but I like to think I'm more mature than these high schools. Can't I?

I saunter into the attendance office and see a familiar face. She is at a petite woman with the mere hight of 5'2, making it so that I tower over her with my being 5'8, and has short black hair with big brown eyes. I bounce over to her and lean against the desk. 

"Hey, Brennan," I say with a genuine smile.

Brennan Hall is in her late twenties and has been working in the attendance office throughout all of my years of high school. She peers up at me through her bangs and her eyes widen.

"Why, if it isn't Nadia Ashford. If I'm not mistaken, you graduated a few months ago, so why're you back?"

I cross one leg over the other and sigh. "Truthfully, I got a call from Principle Truman a week ago mentioning something about a part-time teaching position available that would be perfect for me, though he won't actually tell me what I'd be teaching. You know me, I can't really afford to turn down any jobs," I tell her.