carter ☯ // final chapter

Carter's POV:

sadness. sadness is when you feel lost, and alone. sadness is when you've lost all hope. sadness is when you can't go on. sadness is when you feel like you've been left. sadness is when the person you thought would never leave your side betrays you. sadness is when you're done, you've given up. 

that's how i felt right now. 

we stayed there for a while, our heavy breathing filling in the silence. light rain starting pouring down on us. but i didn't care, not one bit, i was here for her.  i didn't want to let go, i knew if i let go she would leave, and i would have nothing left. the thought of her leaving made my heart ache. i wanted to heal the scars in her heart not just that, i wanted to be the one to steal her heart. make her forget about everything. 

i wanted her to feel safe. 

camille broke the silence.

"i'm sorry."

i pulled her away and searched her eyes for emotion. they were gloomy and full of sorrow. i intended to change that. i would do anything to see them bright and full of glee. she shouldn't be sorry. this isn't what i was here for. i was here to make her realize how she's affected me, and that i needed her, hell, i wanted her. 

i sighed. 

"i'm sorry f-for ever-y-thhing. i d-didn't w-wan-t to p-ush you awa-ay.. i don't want to hurt you.." she trailed off. 

i hugged her again, securing her tightly. 

"promise me something?" i asked. 

"what is it?"

"be mine, and never leave."

her blue eyes pierced into mine, studying them. i searched her eyes too, looking for an answer. 

"i promise."