18: Hidden Depths

Tyra.

I like being 178cm.

I like that my BMI is less than 20, but a little over 18. Just a on the low spectrum of normal. But with my height, I look imposing and it's hard for me to get fat.

I like my caucasian features, and I like it even better because combined with my dark skin (but not too dark), they become even more striking. Sometimes I look at the mirror and say thank you to whoever up there, for giving me these features that will help me soar in life.

Because I'm not a kind person. I can't do kind. I can't do generous. I'm not the kind of person who, after seeing someone struggling and unfairly treated, will get up and help them. So my being attractive really makes up with what I lack in compassion.

I've never seen any girl do the things that I do better than me.

Until I meet Cassandra.

Truth to be told, maybe I'm the stupid one in this scenario. I made her. I just didn't know that she would be so hard to control. Not with her big doe eyes and awkward behavior.

Cassandra looks innocent. Unlike me, Cassandra's height is very average, bordering to a little short. Unlike me, Cassandra will always carry a little chub around her arms and stomach, and her skin can't tan. She is what you'll think a sad lonely cat-lady would look like.

Except she's not. She's ruthless, she's vicious. And worst of all, she has successfully hid her malice behind her non-threatening exterior for years.

I am a wolf through and through. But Cassandra is a wolf who gets mistaken as a sheep, and that's the type of woman you should be wary the most.

↣↣↣

Cassie found Tristan on the parking lot, not surprisingly. She brought ammunition with her; chocolate, cup noodles, and a thermos of hot water.

Tristan was smoking on top of his old car. Cassie felt a strange knot in her chest as she witnessed the display; a young guy who wasn't supposed to be able to buy cigarette by himself was burning his life away. The smoke that curled around him created an image worthy of an instagram post. Maybe something to post as a profile picture. It would drive a lot of girls crazy.

Cassie herself never really liked destructive behaviors like this. Which was, maybe that was why she was so attracted to Desmond. For all his scheming and his cruelty, he was actually really clean. He didn't drank too much. He never smelled like smoke. He worked out regularly and kept on a healthy lifestyle.

Tristan, though, judging from how he sometimes replied to her texts at ungodly hour, seemed to be the exact opposite. He could afford to do this because of his age, but Cassie wouldn't want to see how he would look like when he was twenty years older.

He didn't notice her, so she knocked on the metal of his car. "Want to get even unhealthier and eat some cup noodles?" she offered.

Tristan blinked twice, the surprise was evident in his face. He recovered quickly, though. "Cup noodles? Because I'm Asian?"

Cassie recoiled. She wasn't expecting this reaction. "I also bring chocolate."

"I'm just kidding," Tristan said flatly. He jumped off his car and landed right beside her. The smell of smoke still wafted around him and Cassie nearly gagged herself. Noticing this, Tristan opened his car and rummaged through, before spritzing something around him. It was odor eliminator.

"Bought it the first day you agreed to be my pseudo girlfriend," he grinned. "Figured that you might not like the smell."

Cassie appreciated the sentiment, but she didn't want to confirm this. She just gave him the chocolate.