The Funeral Planner

THE FUNERAL PLANNER

LynnIsenberg

Madison Banks has brilliant ideas and an Ivy League degree in Entrepreneurial Studies to go with them. But no matter how hard she tries, she fails to get lift off on her start-ups, and is constantly usurped by her arch nemesis, the arrogant Derek Rogers. When Madison attends her college classmate’s funeral, she launches the goldmine idea of the century and finds handsome venture capitalist Victor Winston to back it. Between the trials and tribulations of growing a business, competing with copy-cat Derek Rogers, facing unresolved grief, accepting love and trusting faith…Madison learns that celebrating life is the self-worth that caps net-worth any day.

If you want to learn how to celebrate life and start a business in an emerging field, or any field… The Funeral Planner is a fictional manual for the ambitiously-inclined determined to create a life worth living.

~*~*~

Status: Completed and Published

OK, this has been my latest read, thus, being my first entry. Gotta love the title. It's what first brought me to read the story. TBH, I was occasionally held at a "huh?" moment when they mentioned business terms and stuff [which it did a lot], however, the essence of the story shone through those baffled moments. 

It contains a lot of stuff on business savvyness, grief, how to conquer grief, values, living life, turning your failed aspirations into motivations, moving on. It's practical in it's context yet it has moved me through the characters' stories. It's well written - few typos, the transition between characters and events were smooth, the lines were amazing. There was a balance mix of seriousness and humor. It had me laugh and shed a few tears at some chapters.   I also like the fact that it contains a love story (I'm a  sucker for romance), however, it was subtled that it didn't override the main gist of story and yet you can see the relationship progess throughout the chapters.