Chapter 13

Dally's POV
~~~~~~~~~

I could see her looking away and glaring when I was talking to the waitress. Mission accomplished. She definitely liked me.

After eating, we decided to go hang out at the DX for a while. Soda was working there, but we knew he wouldn't rat her out for skipping school. Besides, Socs hardly ever came to the DX, so we wouldn't have to deal with them.

She hangs out at the DX a lot. Sometimes I stop there because I know that's where she'll be after school lets out. I would feel jealous that she spends so much time with Soda and Steve, but I know that she only thinks of them as friends.

On the way there, I walked closer to her than usual. Occasionally our arms would brush against each other. I caught her looking away and smiling to herself on more than one occasion.

Jenny's POV
~~~~~~~~~~

As we walked to the DX, my arm brushed against Dally's. I smiled and felt butterflies swarming through my stomach. Okay, I'll admit it. I like him. A lot. I sort of always have.

I kept wondering if he liked me back. I mean, he was walking awfully close to me. Closer than usual. Then I remembered the waitress. Even if he had liked me, I couldn't compete with that. She was stunningly gorgeous, while I was just me. I frowned, and Dally noticed.

"Jenny, what's wrong?" he asked, somewhat concerned.

"Nothing," I answered quickly. He seemed to sense that I didn't want to talk at the moment. We finally reached the DX after walking in silence for a few minutes.