A few days before we met

So let's just say, that the past few months have been quite a drag.

Let me give you the quick summary – I got my heart broken by one of my best friend's mates called Bryan. Even after all the flirting and an almost one night stand, he left me hanging with the words " You're really great and any man would be lucky to have you. But I'm not really looking for anything serious".

Classic. I know.

Anyways, then it continued a month later, when I suddenly find out he has a new girlfriend. Mind you, not directly from him. But from his friends, while my best friend and me and me visited him in his hometown.

Oh, but it gets even better.

Mister charming didn't say a word, until I confronted him about it. While lying next to him on a sofa. Yes, he was in his boxer shorts, mind you. Probably envisioned the night ending a different way, just because I played along until he lied next to me. 

His face was priceless when I popped the question. It truly was. 

But anyway. It doesn't matter anymore.

At least that's what I'd like to tell myself, slurping a cool lime at Starbucks, while my bff is taking too long for his order. After he finally received venti green tea, he threw himself on the sofa in front of me. Ironically however, I could hear him grumble between every movement.

" Geez, what's wrong with you today?", I asked confused, looking through my memory in case I missed something.

He mumbled something, looking towards the ground. I tilted my head, even more confused.

" A bit more louder, good sir?", I continued, finding his hesitation quite amusing. He just groaned as a response.

" It's the freakin group chat!", he hissed, a bit louder than expected. The turning heads only lasted for a few minutes though.

" The group chat? What are you talking about?", I question. There were too many, considering Facebook, Instagram or Whatsapp.

" Ash. Did you not pay attention yesterday?! The Whatsapp one, where the entire university campus is in! .", He continued, looking at me as if I'm the crazy one for not mirroring his terror.

It did click after a few seconds. It was indeed THAT group chat.

" Are you seriously still mad about those two guys? They were probably drunk. You don't even know them, they are in a completely different semester!", I explained, but he just rolled his eyes and leaned against the sofa.

" So? That didn't stop that random Jakob guy to call me out in front of the whole campus !" he continued aggravated, slurping much louder from his drink.

My chuckle didn't help.

" You realize that it's kinda your fault. After all, you brought it on yourself." I grinned.

This time he looked confused.

"Let me summarize the events of yesterday... Jakob and his friend asked in the group chat whether anybody wanted to join them for drinks. Sharon answered that she couldn't come, correct?", I asked, waiting for a nod.

"Great. And what happened after that?", I asked, pointing at him.

"Jakob said that if she can't make it, she doesn't need to bother answering at all.", he continued.

" Exactly. And what did you do, genius?", I asked with a smirk, knowing that I'm about to prove him wrong.

That's when another eyeroll came. He know I had him.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 19, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Pink isn't a real colorजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें