A Reaper's Horror

The sky outside is as purple as ever. The suns haven't been up since the last era. The grass is gray from the lack of sunshine. Only rain, and yet, it's not cold. As I sit inside the safe-house, I shut my eyes and think back to when I was a child. When I had friends to play with and a safe world to be in.

In our world, Litangonia, humans lived side by side with reapers. No one feared them, not even when they came to take our soul after we died. But it all changed when the reapers took control. They were tired of having the humans living next to them, and so they started to collect human souls even before we died. Some of us got away, only because the reapers couldn't take our soul. We were immune. The others still walks on the soil of our world, but not living. They walk as dead flesh, walking only for the hunger that has craved their stomach. They feed of us who still have a soul and us who still have fresh flesh on our body.

When I look around the living room in the safe-house I see people I trust, people I love. But they are all adults. I'm the youngest one in the group. The next one is over twenty years older than me. And I just feel alone. No one in my family, except me, survived the reapers. But I don't really care. They weren't my real family anyway. They treated me like a skunk. Threw me around whenever they could. Using me to get money. I had to beg, and if I got less then 15 hellariks, I would have to go without food for a week. But they are dead now, and that makes me smile.