Chapter 25

EDITED

Sonia entered her apartment with a huge smile on her face. As she switched on the lights, her eyes darted towards the window beside the switchboard, only to see Drago looking up at her apartment. She stood behind the curtain and saw him leave after she had turned the lights on and the smile on her face turned into a chuckle.

It didn't go away until she had washed up and changed into her pyjamas. As she put on some lotion, she realized she was probably blushing and the smile just vanished.

"What the hell. What am I even...oh God, it's like I have a crush on...I don't have a crush on...no, I can't have a crush on...no, no. What am I even thinking about?" She mumbled to herself and shook her head. Taking a deep breath, she switched off the lights and lied down, only to come back to those thoughts.

As his face appeared behind her eyes, she could feel the deep heartbeats quicken in her chest. Her eyes opened wide as she felt her face warm up at the sight of his smile in her memory.

"How can I have a crush on...I really can't...Oh God!" She whispered to herself, biting her lip with force. "Step out of it, step out of it!" She said to herself angrily and even gave herself a few slaps but in vain.

"How could this happen? Yes, he has helped me, yes he is a sweet man, he took me to dinner but he was also a jerk in the beginning, he comes to site unannounced to annoy me but he is... oh no, I...how can I like like him after all he has done? No, I can't! I don't! I do not like Drago Barzetti! Obviously!" She said loudly to herself, in the dark room where only the walls would hear her but no one was there to stop her from thinking about him.

--

"Where have you been?" Orlando asked his son as he entered the hall.

"Have you taken Mom's job for today?" Drago chuckled as he put the cakes on the coffee table.

"What's this?" His father frowned as he took the bag. "Cake? Did you go to Thomas?" He asked and took the only cake which was left in the bag.

"How did you-" He asked as Orlando took a bite.

"I know everything. I just had these a few weeks ago." Orlando said and put half the cake back. "Save some for your Mom, she loves this one."

"You go to Thomas?" Drago asked with a surprised tone.

"Yes, after you raved about how great their food was, we started going there when you left for your studies. We also met Thomas, he's such a great guy, always giving us discounts!" Orlando chuckled. "We have been going there ever since! I even take your Mom to dates there!" Orlando whispered, as if disclosing a huge secret.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked but his father just shrugged.

"Darling, you haven't answered your father's question yet." His mother walked in with a smile. "Where have you been?"

"Just went for dinner." Drago shrugged as he took out his coat.

"All by yourself?" His father frowned while sipping his brandy.

"No, with a friend." He said and sat back.

"Which friend?" His father asked. "From what I recall, you don't have many friends and the few you have, all are not in the city." Orlando said with frown.

"How would you know that?" Drago chuckled with a raised eyebrow.

"Mind you, your friends are all from business families we are acquainted with, so if they are ever in the city, I get informed." Orlando said with a smile and Julia nodded.

Drago just looked at his parents in silence, not knowing what to say. Could he tell them he was with Sonia? He could, right? She was just a friend, even less than that. So why was his throat dry all of a sudden? Was he feeling nervous to tell his parents that he was out with a girl? Oh God, now he just sounded like his teenage self!

"What is this?" Drago cleared his throat and looked away. "Some kind of interrogation?"

"I don't think he's going to answer that honey." Julia smiled knowingly. "But I will. He was out with Ms Sonia Alexander. I just got a message from Thomas saying it was great seeing Drago after so many years! And he also brought a pretty brunette, just tell you, wink face emoji. And the only brunette we know of lately is her."

"What?" His father looked at him with a mix of shock and surprise. "Really?"

"It was...her birthday. And her friend...she is out of town. So I offered her to-

"Wait a minute. Thomas also said that you reached at eight but when I called your office, they told me you left at around six-thirty. So, where were you then?" His mother asked, trying to understand.

"I was...uh- He was interrupted by his cellphone's ringing and Drago sighed in relief. "Excuse me!"

He said and quickly walked out of the room, leaving his parents wondering. Taking out his phone, he looked at the screen and blinked a few times before picking up the call.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hi! What were you doing?" Gina's excited tone answered.

"Just came back home." He said and walked towards his bedroom.

"Okay, I just called to inform that my trip is cut short so I may be coming early." She said and he stopped.

"That's great. When are you-

"It's not decided yet. But I hope you'll be waiting for me!" She said and he smiled.

"I am always waiting for you." He said slowly.

"Okay, then I will call you later. Bye!" She said quickly and cut the call as Drago looked at the screen. He sighed, wondering, for the first time in his life, was he going to wait for her forever?

--

I do not own the picture. Credit goes to owner.