Chapter two.

Kin Ridding's point of view.

Chapter two- Her.

Slowly my bare feet touched the rubble covering the floor, blackened and burnt walls surrounded me. My heart didn't beat at all; it feels like heavy ice in my weighing down in my chest. The world seemed to spin around me as it all slowed. Men rush in their heavy boots echoing thumps, as they make their way towards the sunlight, upturning dirt and dust and sent it flying around their feet, other men walked out slower carrying limp bodies in their arms. I walked silently towards them none of them looking at me. None of them notices my presence.

"Can you see me?" I asked, tears streaking down my face as I fell to my knees. "Anyone?" I cried, no one turned their heads or even cast a sideways glace towards me. No one saw me as I stood up and walked out with them to the blinding sunshine. Looking around I could see people of all different shapes, sizes and conditions. My eyes landed on a girl laying flat on the ground under a window. I ran over my bare feet hitting the sharp glass as it crunched under my feet. “Miss, are you ok?” I crouched down besides her lifting her limp wrist into my hand and feeling for a pulse. Tiny beats pressed up against my fingers. “Thank God!” I sighed. I looked around me no one looking at us, I pull her into the alley way and lean her up against the wall.

“Can you hear me?” I whispered wiping her silky blonde hair out of her sticky face. Her cheeks ripened as her eyes opened revealing huge blue orbs. Her hand reached up as she brushed some stray blonde locks from her face. “C-Can you see me?” I whispered. She raised her eyebrow at me as if I was mad, then she started laughing.

“Who are you?” She laughed, pulling herself up off the ground; she was much taller than me long glowing blonde curls fell messily down her back.

“I am Kin Ridding.” I smiled at her. “And you are?”  Groaning she leant against the wall holding her head.

“I really don’t remember but I think it was Alice...” She trailed off sliding back down the wall her dress tearing on the stones in the wall.

“It is very nice to meet you then Alice.” Hesitant I reached out my hand to her, she looked up with wide blue eyes her eyebrows perfectly shaped to match her beautiful face. I envied her beauty I was as if she was the most beautiful person on earth, her smooth pink lips lifted into a perfect smile.

“Thank you.” She said her voice like silk. I looked her top to bottom her body like one of a models. Footsteps started to proceed towards us thumping to the beat of my heart.

“Miss, are you ok? You look wounded” I heard the familiar voice and turned on my heel in shock to see him.  

“Mason?!” My ex didn’t look at me making me angrier. Alice looked up at his wide eyes as their eyes met I could see that he obviously liked her. Alice then looked at me raising her eyebrow. “He’s my ex!” I shouted. Her jaw dropped and her eyes widened. She looked angrily up at Mason her eyes flashing red.

“Why don’t you go check on that hurt man over there?” She said calmly. Standing up she stood face to face with him. He didn’t even look behind him to see if there was another wounded body there he just stared at her perfectly tanned long legs. “Stop staring at me you pervert!” His eyes snapped to his face and then lowered to her breasts.

“Why don’t me and you go somewhere a little more private?” He sent her the wink he used to send me. Growling at anger I push her aside, I know deep down he can’t see me but I reached up and slapped him around the face. “What the-“I cut him off. Smiling I sent my knee straight into his groin. Laughing Alice grabbed my hand running away leaving him curled over in pain. How did I contact with him? He couldn’t see me but he could see Alice...That means Alice doesn’t know I’m dead yet. Alice pulled me around the corner breathing hard I struggled to keep up with her running pace, her toned legs working fast.

“Slow...Down...Alice!” I said in between deep breaths. She smiled hugely at me her breathing regular. I stared in shock at her the way she could still be breathing as if she never ran In the first place. “How are you so healthy? You just fell out of a burning building.”

“And you died in a burning building what’s your excuse for being so slow?”  She laughed. Then her eyes widened. “Y-Your dead?” She stared at me stumbling back her hand slipping out of mine. How did she know? How did she find out? Scrap those questions I can’t be dead! She can see me and I made contact with Mason.

“I’m not dead!” I stated mostly to convince myself that it was the truth, but it isn’t and I know that.

“Yes you are I can see it! The time of your death it’s engraved on your head!” She pointed at my forehead. My hand shot up and instantly I felt the numbers under my soft touch, one, two, zero, zero; I died at twelve on the dot. A tear rushed down my cheek, did I really die?

A/N sorry about the short chapters :( it will pick up soon now i've introduced Kin :)