Chapter III : Down Fall

CHAPTER THREE:     Down Fall

        I am stumbling down the stairs just to reach the living room,

        "Easy Vanna, you're getting yourself killed." Aunt Mika reminded me,

        "I just can't wait to see Mom and Dad; it's been so long..." I said while having my face checked on the floor length mirror on the pillar in the living area. 

      "I told you they will follow at the Auditorium. Besides they haven't land yet." Aunt Mika is searching for the car keys.

        I can't blame myself if I feel so freaking excited to see my parents, I am an only child. My parents spend the rest of my teenage life working in New York where we own a Restaurant. The business, I must say is doing well. But despite the fact that today is my Graduation Day, my parents always persuade me live with them in New York. Honestly, I don't want it in there. I feel like the streets are not safe and blah blah and blah blah, I just don't like it there! Aside from the case of bullying is alarmingly high, the liberation of people in there is what I don't like. Call me primitive if you must. But I just don't like it there.

        I am the type of person that would rather choose to lock myself and read and read and read and read and read, well you get the point, and feed my imagination rather than go out, date a guy I just bumped in to within the mall then post it on Facebook, then Presto!! Instant issue. I am not that bitch. I love being an introvert and I don't actually pay attention to what others would say about me, especially my fashion statement, I opt for comfort before risking myself for the critical eyes of insecure chicks at school or anywhere.

        I am wearing a halter laced black dress. This dress is actually body fitting. I wear minimal make up and for my jewelry I only wear a diamond drop earrings, my Aunt's gift. Aunt Mika is the only relative I came to know up until now, others were living on the other parts of the planet, sadly, they do not have communication so therefore, we heard nothing from them. My hair curled to perfection, my lips and cheeks are tinted fairly so it will look natural, and lastly, haha! I know how to walk on my black stilletos.

        Another reason why I am so giddy to see my parents again is that I made it to their expectation. I will be graduating with flying colours. All those years I devoted myself to focusing only to my education and feed my soul's cravings by reading tons of good books. Others said I won't make it with that kind of lifestyle but I prove them wrong, I am fine with knowing only a few people in the class. 

        "Ready?" Aunt Mika is already at the car, I checked myself once again and "Leggo!" 

        We arrived thirty minutes prior to the ceremony so I still got time to catch up with my two gal friends, Tessa and Vera. We took photos and talk about the new book of our favourite author Paulo Coelho. We exchange a few words with our other schoolmates who asked as to have photos with them. 

        After a few, the ceremony rites finally kicked in. We fall in line by course and alphabetically. Since I am Vanna Allen, I am fifth from the front of the line; we look seriously awesome in our black toga. I feel like we are entering Hogwarts. Haha my mind, why is it so freaking imaginative right now?

        After 20 minutes of marching to the Auditorium Hall, I now separate from my college classmates because I am an Honorable Magna Cum Laude. Along with the Cum Laudes, we sat at the center.

        I am simply sneaking around, I am feeling so excited more this time. I wish to spot my parents. Good thing I brought my phone with me, I open my clutch bag, discreetly view my inbox, my call logs, and finally my gallery. 

        A foolish smile is evident on my lips. Then suddenly a phone call startled me.