XIII. My choice

When Timothy and I left the palace it was dark outside. Because I wasn't welcome at the palace, Timothy suggested I stayed at his family estate. Since I had nowhere else to go I followed Timothy to his family estate. It wasn't far from the palace.
While we were walking Timothy asked: "Do you want to accept her request?" I shook my head.

If somebody knew how I felt. I'm stuck in a character's body and I'm clearly hated by the two queens of the story. I'm following a complete stranger. And now I'm supposed to accept queen Gwendolyn's request. I just want to go back home. I have no idea how I got here and how I left the first time. How did I end up in this mess...
******
When we arrived at the estate I was speechless. The estate looked like an estate from the Victorian era. It was so beautiful. Thankfully no one was home. The rest of the evening I didn't say much. Timothy kept going on about the queen's behavior, politics and telling me how he felt about the request. At some point Timothy popped open a bottle containing blue liquid. It was sweet and sour. After my third glass, I felt really fuzzy. I figured the blue liquid must be champagne of some sort.

"If you accept the quest, I will accept it too. I think the queen is doing this to us, because she just wants us dead," Timothy yelled while laughing. He was so drunk.

"No.. wutt...I did not figure that out yet," I teased him.

He laughed and then he made a serious face. "Ivy, I mean it though. I won't let any harm to you. I know we don't always see eye to eye, but if you go I go too."

That was one of the nicest things someone has ever said to me. "Thank you, Timothy. I will think about it," I answered.

I wasn't sure if he meant it, because his cheeks were so red from the liquor. I don't even know who this guy is. Why did he talk so casually to the queen earlier? I decided not to ask him about it. Later Timothy walked me to the guest room where I could stay for the time being. He wished me good night and went back to his own room. I laid on the fluffy soft bed and fell asleep. Even though I knew I had to be on my toes, I was too tired the stay awake the whole night. And my gut tells me I can trust Timothy. Eventually I fell in a deep sleep.

The next morning I woke up to a delicious smell. When I entered the kitchen I saw that Timothy was making pancakes.
"Good morning, sleepy head!" he said with a smile.
"I was wondering, where is everyone?" I asked since I haven't seen Timothy's relatives around the house.
"They are at work. They work till late and begin early in the morning. You just missed my dad," he answered. Because Timothy spoke vaguely, I decided to drop my questions. As we were eating we continued our conversation about the queen's request.

"We have no choice, right?" I ask.

"Sadly we don't. If we won't accept, she'll compel us,"Timothy answers.

I nodded.

"Look on the bright side. We're going on an adventure!' he said with a smile. "Do you want to change? I have some clothes from my sister that you can wear."

Oh I forgot. Because I was too tired I slept in the same dress I wore yesterday. Let's just say I sweat a lot and I didn't smell fresh anymore.

"Yes," I answered. "Can I also take a shower?"

"Of course," Timothy said while he turned off the stove and washed his hands. "Follow me."

After the relaxing shower I changed into a comfortable and pretty blouse and something that resembled jeggings. I put my wet hair in a bun and rejoined Timothy in the kitchen.

After we had finished our delicious breakfast we headed to the palace. When we saw the palace it was covered with all kinds of decorations. From flowers to ice statues. We were welcomed by some servants.
One servant brought us to the Queen's chambers. She knocked on the door and said: "Your majesty, Lady Ivy and Lord Timothy are here to see you."

"Let them in," Queen Gwendolyn answered.
"So, you have made your choice?" she immediately asks.
"Yes, we did," I answer. "Now cut to the chase, your majesty. What do you want from us?"

"What a confidence, little Ivy," she says with a sarcastic tone. "Watch your tongue. You haven't forgotten what I'm capable of, right?" she adds with an evil smile. I got the chills.

Before I could answer her Timothy interrupts.

"Your majesty, can you tell us about the prophecy?" Timothy asks.

I looked at him. He knowingly changed the subject.

"Yes, yes, yes, I will get the scroll!" she says excited while grabbing the scroll.

"Here you go," she said while handing the scroll over to Timothy. She gave him a look and Timothy nodded.

"You may leave now," the Queen ordered. "Now get yourself ready for the feast. You two are my very important champions after all."

After we spoke to the Queen we headed back to the mansion with the scroll.