Chapter 9 Capture the Flag

I also am not on the computer for this so I dedicate this chapter to buckwolvhoosier:) Enjoy 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celest

The emergency bell sounded. It was loud enough to hear from anywhere on the island. Blaring, Ryker and I flinched as it started. I was dressed and ready to train but Ryker was still in his nightwear.

"I will head down to the courtyard while you get dressed and then I will see you down there," I said as I got off of his bed.

He nodded,"Okay. It should only take me a few moments."

'Fírek let's go,' I said to my dragon.

Fírek said nothing and had landed on the ledge within a few moments. He snorted impatiently as I exited the cave.

'Hello Miss I don't want to talk to talk I you. Did you work out everything?' Fírek asked as I climbed his foreleg and onto his back.

'Yes,' I said simply.

He snorted a puff of smoke as I tightened my leg straps.

He roared over the blaring alarm for no reason, then dived down to the courtyard. Every Rider was sitting patiently crossed legged on the cobblestone with their dragons sitting at the edge of the forest.

Fírek landed by the edge of the forest by the other dragons and let me dismount. Everyone was murmuring amongst themselves as I stepped in the small gaps to make my way to Marilis and Halle.

They had saved a seat in between the two of them. I sat down in the space they had cleared and waited for Eragon to appear.

"Hey finally made it?" Halle leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Yes," I said with a laugh.

Eragon then came with Saphira. They landed infront of us all in a small place cleared for him to talk.

Ryker was the last to arrive, and it was very noticible. When they had landed and Ryker had dismounted, Shana sat with Fírek and Ryker padded over to me and sat in a cleared space behind me.

"Well well well. Were you busy last night?" Marilis asked at a whispery laugh.

I punched her arm and said,"No. I was not 'busy.' I'm not that kind of girl. But we are dating as of this morning."

Marilis seemed impressed and nodded at me.

We were then all shushed as Eragon raised his hand to speak.

"Celest and Halle who have just returned from Alagaesia have shared some very useful information with me. King Orrin of Surda gathered up his army when they went to report news about the Riders from Surda. And I now know why.

I sent spies from the moment I left to find this island and what I feared has come true. King Orrin is planning to attack the Riders and Nasuada in Ileria with a weapon if his own design.

It was created using his precious science not magic. What he has created wouldn't be any more horrible or dangerous using magic. He has created Mountain Men, is what he called them. He had originally discussed it with us as a defense mechanism for when I had first left. Instead of that, he bas decided to use it to gain control over both Alagaësia, and Oromis Isle while still reigning over Surda.

Now for those of you who are citizens of Surda I'm sure that you may not believe this or are not willing to believe your king is capable of these horrific things but he is.

In his plan he has taken mountains, broken them down so he could control them and given them human like characteristics. They can range in size to slightly bigger than a big sized man, to bigger than a dragon. They have big clubs to fight with and have rows of sharp stalagmites for teeth. King Orrin called them: Earth Giants."

Everyone stared at him their mouths hanging open and their eyes wide, all except the Riders that had originated from Surda. They had anger in their eyes, as if Eragon had insulted their king. Kayna, a Surdan Rider, had an evil smirk on her face.

'Do you think...?' I started to ask Fírek.

'I don't even think Kayna is that low. Hard to believe, I know.' Fírek insisted.

I forced myself to believe him as the murmuring started to spin up again.

Halle and Marilis were leaning together so they could whisper to each other. I spun around and noticed that Ryker was whispering with Dan when a voice shouted out of the crowd,"How are we supposed to fight them?"

I didn't recognize the voice. Eragon looked up from his place on Saphira's back and glanced towards where the voice had shouted from.

"Sadly," Eragon's face grew pained,"I don't know.' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hope you like it:) Vote,Comment,and download to ur library:)pleaz?