Prologue - There's a thin line between love & hate.

// TWO WRONGS (DON'T MAKE A RIGHT) //

Prologue – There's a thin line between love & hate.

When Jade Hall first came to East High, she was the talk of the entire school because she already had her cuff. It was sleek and velvet and black, wrapped securely around her left wrist where her soul-mark lay, protecting the name of her soulmate from prying eyes.

People normally got the names of their soul mates at age eighteen, which was far off for everyone in our year – I knew because I happened to be the oldest in our year, my birthday coming in a few months – so it was definitely the spark of everyone's interest when she showed up with the black cuff signifying that she'd gotten her name but hadn't been paired yet.

I hated her on sight.

*

"Can I go to the bathroom?" Jade asked lazily. She had both of her long pale legs crossed on her desk in front of her, not caring that everyone in the room could see the stark white boy shorts she wore underneath her short black skirt that said 'JUICY' in big, cartoony pink letters.

Mr Carreg looked up and sneered at her through his glasses, "Oh, I don't know, can you?" he snarked.

She got up from her desk, smirking as she said, "Actually, yes, I can. Also colloquial irregularities occur frequently in any language and since you and the rest of our present company," she looked around the classroom, "understood my intended meaning, being particular about the distinctions between 'can' and 'may' is purely pedantic and arguably pretentious."

Mr Carreg stared at her, mouth agape like a fish.

"I'll be back in five," Jade said with a laugh before skipping out of the class like a dainty peacock.

I really, really hated her so much.

*

"I can't – I don't do this," I whispered, heart thumping frantically yet unable to resist the press of soft lips against mine, the way she kissed me like I was a buffet and she was fucking starved.

Jade pulled back to look at me, a slow smile spreading across her lips which only made the dimples in her cheeks more pronounced than ever, her brown eyes uncharacteristically bright from the sunlight hitting her face through the slits in the wall.

"You can't or you don't?" she teased huskily, lifting a finger up to trace my lips, still wet from her kisses. "Make up your mind, princess."

I blushed furiously, turning away from her but she cupped my jaw and forced my gaze back to hers.

"It's just a bit of fun," she teased, "what's the harm?"

Her lips covered mine again and I literally turned to mush.

I really, really hated Jade Hall.

 *

Hi everyone and welcome to my new girlxgirl story! :D I hope that prologue has tickled your taste buds because you're in for a ride!

Don't forget to vote and comment if you're excited to read more! 

I hope you enjoy! ;D <3